Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Celebration!

G’day everyone. This entry was supposed to be up during the weekend but somehow, someway it got delayed til today.

Was rather busy for the past 2 days after return from our public holiday celebration over the weekend. But something broke out during that period. I’ve done something that I’ve not done before during this big public holiday celebration time.

Throughout the years, these type of public holidays are meant to be sitting duck at home, doing nothing but waitin’ for relatives to visit our house, and got asked by them on:

When are you getting married? **when the time comes, I’ll tell you.**

Have you got a dating partner yet? **again, please refer to above**

You want me to be a matchmaker? **thanks, but no thanks**

Not going anywhere since it’s holiday? **you won’t see me here, if I’m already out**

It’s the bloody same question year-in year-out with this buncha old fags. Don’t they get bored? If they’ve run outta things to say/ask, just shut the fuck up and enjoy the once-a-year reunion then. seriously, sometimes I’m abit annoyed by all these “traditional” stuff. Yea. Don’t like it, so sue me!

Anyways, back to my origin story of this entry. I’ll really wanted to get outta house for awhile, have a few drinks with best mates and forget fuck all about this holiday celebration. Call me whatever you like, the mood surrounding this public holiday celebration is incomparable to those days, back about 10 years ago. Back then, there are always time to celebrate, reasons to go back to my mom’s hometown to celebrate with the uncles and the aunties and the relatives who stay there since god-knows-when. This village is so full of natural resources, the hills, the sands, the bugs, the animals, the wells and everything else that you can think of a village. Simple, imagine Lord of the Ring’s hobbits living place. Yea. That should ring a bell. The celebration and the mood is owh-so-different without the feel of the hectic life in the capital town where I’m living in. everything is just slow, smooth, relaxing as times goes by. We can run up and down the hills, got splashed by the sand near the beach, which is about 30minutes drive from town et al. you get the drill.

Anyways, so 3 of us went off to a pub downtown for a drink. ‘twas initially for a few drinks. So, we went into a pub and ordered few drinks. Few minutes later, the security guard came and asked 3 of us for identity check, just to make sure we’re of legal age to consume alcohol. Got to know from my mates that this pub that we’re in currently just got raided 1 month ago ‘cos of some underage kids snuck in and my mates stayed overnight at the cop station on that nite, the very same nite that he celebrated his birthday. Talk about bad luck.

Of ‘cos, all 3 of us went through the identity check smoothly. But the fear of getting raided again on that nite really put us on our toes. Feeling insecure, we went on to another club few stores away to continue the nite. A club that never got raided eversince they starts open for business. The rest is history. We enjoyed the nite til 4 in the morning. 3 of us, consumed a bottle of hard liquor. Yea. 3 persons, 1 bottle. Talk about records, at least for me it is. ‘twas an unforgettable nite for me as I did it for the first time during this major public holiday celebration.

Little that I know that I was supposed to visit one of my workmate’s new house the very next day and the time to meet up was at 2 in the afternoon. I was only able to get my ass off the bed, slightly sober 15minutes before the time of meet-up. Goddamn!

There. A nite to remember, on a nite that I was supposed to stay at home and “entertain” those old fags that come visiting my house for the celebration.

3rd day after a wild nite last Friday and weekend. Hardly can adjust my body clock back to normal to work. Had a quick nap this morning for about an hour due to tiredness. Almost done with work at about 2 hours ago. Things are quite lively today ‘cos there’s not much work to do compared to past 2 days. ‘twas a full, busy past 2 days ‘cos of the enormous workflow in the team. 2 headcounts were stil on holiday leave and we were down to 4 headcounts, out of the full force of 6 usually. I was very surprised that I was deep into working and thinking when it’s about 15minutes to off work. That’s the 1st time ever since I joined this new team back in October last year that I’m so busy at work.

That’s all from me for now. Be back for more. Got a funny story to tell you lots in the next entry about a new gal in another team, within the same floor with me. Trust me on this. It IS gonna be funneh!

No comments:

Post a Comment