Friday, February 18, 2011

The Story of A Bowl

Gotten really pissed off this time around even though this thing didn’t happen to myself. Here goes nothing.

So, my department loves to eat, and also collecting stuff to eat. As the working environment is rather relaxing and we don’t need to hang on the phone all day long, hence we’ll have the “freedom” to do what we once our work is done for the day.

There’s this bowl is my department that is used to put all the ingredients, the seasonings, the salts and sugars we got from purchasing fastfood over the years. The bowl was almost full when someone from another team decided to borrow that bowl for just one nite on a event held by the club. She promised that she’ll return it to us the very next week after that.

The very same bowl that I'm ranting about in this entry


Fair enough. What harm will it do? Team work, or so we claimed it to be. The team decided to lend this girl a hand by lending the bowl over to her. Well, just a couple days top. No harm done. Hence, all the “ingredients” are being taken outta the bowl and off the bowl go.

The rest? History. Fast forward.

A month later, the bowl is still missing. So, our team didn’t bother to chase on it. It could be that she’s too busy to return to us or perhaps she has forgotten it due to whatever reasons it may be.

Come turn of the year. Stil no sign whatsoever from the girl that borrowed the bowl from us. Not a single word from her. I’ve decided to confront her and ask her for the bowl to be returned to us. It’s fucking ours! Guess what she said:

Owh, I’m so sorry. I really want to return the bowl to you but my dad *or father-in-law, I don’t give a shit* got admitted into hospital due to some illness and I haven’t been home for quite sometime. I stayed at my boyfriend’s house for couple of weeks already. I’ll definitely return the bowl to you once my dad * or whoever the fuck is* is recovered.

There. 1st excuse. She even used her father, or whoever the fuck she intended to use. It’s kinda low if you ask me. But, at that point of time, I wouldn’t know if is for real or if she’s hoaxing it. Fair enough. I’ll let it slide for this time around.

Another half month’s gone, hope all is well with her dad. Decided to chase her up again on this. She said to me:

Owh, it’s in my boyfriend’s car. Will you be in later in the evening? I can return it to you tonite.

For fuck sake, you’ve been working with me and you are fully aware of my working hours. And yet you throw this kinda stupid question to me. Have you got no brain?! Knowing me, there’s no reason for me to stay in the office til sunset. I would’ve been lying on bed by the time you go home, bitch. And so I said to her,

Don’t bother. You should know my working hour very well by now. Ask your boyfriend put the bowl at the back of my workplace, which is well covered by monitor and desktop. Alternatively, you know where I sit, just tuck it into my pedestal will do.

She said ok. There. SHE SAID FUCKING OK!!!!! It means that her boyfriend has the bowl, and she’s gonna return to me tonite when her boyfriend comes over, and it’s gonna be either inside my pedestal or behind my pc, well covered. So I should be expecting a bowl the very next morning then?

WRONG!! FUCKING WRONG!!!!

It didn’t happen. So I confront her again. Where’s the fucking bowl that you promised?!?!?

Owh, you were not there. So I decided to take it home first.

Another fucking excuse! What the flying fuck is in your fucking puny brain, bitch?!?!

Didn’t I tell you to put it inside my pedestal where I sit daily?! Or perhaps leave it behind?!?!?!

Yet she couldn’t understand a single word that I said. Getting pissed off, I waited for couple of days as I was busy with work myself.

Another week passes by, confronted here again. This time she told me this:

Ok. I’ve got the bowl with me now, but it’s locked in the departmental cabinet at the back of me but I don’t have the key. I’ll get it for you later.

Rite. She got the bowl with her and she’ll get it for me later in the same day.

Fine. At least the bowl is within the building. Give her a benefit of a doubt.

Another few days passes by, stil no sign of it. Gotten pissed off again, I hurled few negative comments via my twitter account, which I got it linked to be posted to a social website. I know for a fact that she has an account in that social website, so she would’ve seen the message I put through. She explained to me the very next on this:

I went to the club last nite. They said that the bowl at that club we hold the event was locked inside a DJ’s locker and the DJ only work on Wednesday and Thursday. Furthermore, I’ll get it passed to you this Friday *which happen to be TO-FUCKING-DAY! *

So last nite, again I hurled few vulgar comments on the social website again. Couple of minutes later, she tried to ring my mobile but I went asleep soundly right after I logoff. she then sent me a short message saying:

It’s me. I just call the club. They want me to go to the club & collect it in the evening as they are having some event and tonite is kinda busy.i’ll go tomorrow after work. If you don’t believe me, you may come along with me to the club to collect it. I’m not giving you excuses.

Erm. Rite. You’ve already lost your credibility, your trust. I personally don’t trust you anymore. I spoke to the owner of the bowl yesterday. Yeah, the bowl belongs to another workmate. I’m collecting it on her behalf. I can bet my life on this that if I never bother to chase the bowl up with this bitch, this would’ve gone unnoticed.

Anyways, side tracked abit. As discussed, we’ve decided that if she failed to return the bowl on Friday, which happened to be today, the bitch can keep the bowl for good, we just want the money back, and that’s the end of it. Period.

Ain’t too sure what will transpire later today. Keep you lots posted on this one.

Stay tuned!

1 comment: