Monday, August 24, 2009

New Job Training - Day 6

Damnit!!! My whole body is still suffering from the muscle pain after that badminton friendly game that I had on Saturday. Every single part of my body’s muscle is killing me!!! Every single movement in office to me is painful!! Even at time of post! Owh well, it’s been more 2 and a half year since I touched any sports. Just suck it all up then.

As usual, the first day of the week, starts another week of training on my new job. My trainer has already informed us on last Friday that it’s gonna be an ‘interesting’ topic for today, Monday. Even that, all of us newbies would never thought that today’s lesson it’s gonna be so goddamn ‘interesting’.

So, it all boils down to the training. What I’m doing is a department whereby all calls made by our merchants in oversea will be handle by our team based here. All inquiries from accounts to disputes simple thing as easy as stationeries orders are all under our job descriptions.

Just when we thought the training on which/what system to use for normal payment/account inquiries are tough, WE’RE OWH-SO-WRONG!!!!!!!!

“First, for this market that you’re servicing, you will need to go to this system, whereby...............”

“If it is an urgent request from them, then you will need to go to another system, and then you will need forward an email to the relevant department so that they can action on it ASAP.............”

“For this other market, there’ll be another system, which will be slightly simpler compared to the previous one..................”

“For this type of stationery, depending on the urgency of the request. If it is urgent but it’s to be sent to mailing address, then...............”

Those are the exact words that came out from my trainer’s mouth, word-by-word, piece-by-piece. But of course, the above are just a couple of examples that I’m giving you lads. Yes, “a couple”. There’re MORE!!!!!! The whole class were jaw-dropped, looked at the trainer with bulging red-veined eyes. Who could’ve thought that a simple request like placing stationery order for the merchant would involve sooooooooo many steps, systems, forms?!?!?!? It took almost 4 hours to complete the whole stationery order for us whilst other markets only requires 15minutes for the trainer to complete the whole same stuff. Talk about different luck on different market served.

Enough about this. Hopefully everything will fall into place once we’re familiarize with it. But it will take time, I can bet on that. How long?? I don’t know. 3 months? 6 months? 1 year? I have no BLOODY IDEA!!!

There’s gonna be an open-book “assessment” tomorrow. Gonna doze off right now. I know it’s waay to early for me, but......... stationery..........

fffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeddddd............

No comments:

Post a Comment