Monday, August 17, 2009

New Chapter

Yea, I know. It's been awhile. Almost half a month since I update my blog here. Don't worry, I'm still here. I won't abandon my blog just like that. Here I am, sitting in front of my desktop, alone in the dark dark room of mine, listening to some japanese & korean songs with my Ipod, typing this post for all of you ladies & gentlemen out there.

To those who know me well enough, tomorrow will be my first day reporting to a new workplace. Yeap, you guessed that right. I've finally gotten outta that "shithole" that I previously bitched about day & night. I know, I know, it all happened too sudden, heck, even for me. Wanna know the full details of it? I'll try to accommodate your 'request' here. Let's see........hmmm.........

One fine day, a friend of mine was seeking my help if I know anyone out there who are willing to work in his department as his departments and few other departments are really short of people as we speak. He really needs lotsa people. So, I happened to know that the department that I previously spent 6 months in it was somehow closed [well, to be honest, I foresee this to happen, just the matter of time]. Hence, few of 'em are either lost their job or they were being transferred to some other departments that requires them to work like a vampire due to time zone difference of the departments. Being a close friend to them as I am, I started spreading the news about my friend's place who are in need of people and it doesn't requires any 'vampire hour' job.

Couple of weeks pass by. No a single reply from them. Fair enough. At that point of time, I also realized that whenever I'm scheduled to work midnight, I will fall asleep for sure, irregardless what happen. Later on, I remembered a statement made by my very own ex-colleague, before he requested to be transferred to a normal office hour department. He said to me this:

"Hey, you know what? I can't work midnight anymore. My age is catching up, my body couldn't sustain it anymore. That's why I opted to be transferred."

Right after these words, he closed his eyes and continue his sleep. Hahaha. I love you, Zul. Thanks for "reminding" me on that. Really.

Just about 6-9 months earlier, things started to change within myself. I'm no longer the old me that can withstand the nights of not sleeping. I can stay up late, but I can't withstand staying up whole night without sleep/nap.

After much tinkering, I've decided to submit my resume to my friend. Without any intention of getting the job, at all. I thought to myself:

"If I get the job, fair enough. Consider it a change of lifestyle. If I don't get the job, fine as well. I'll continue with what I'm doing as well."

That was what exactly on my mind, even till the day of interview. But of course, if one wanna do one thing, one must go all out to do it, without feeling a single bit of regrets. At least if one fails, one went all out to do it, the rest is up to the ONE up there to decide.

2 weeks after the interview, which happened to be last Tuesday. I got awakened by a short message on my mobile, it reads:

Hi there, we want to buy you over from your current company. Can you find out from your Human Resource division the process for us to proceed? We're looking at a very aggressive time line, hopefully you can join us either coming Monday or Wednesday. Let me know ASAP.

Yeap. That's the exact statements that appeared on my mobile. Got a bloody shock so goddamn early in the morning. Hence, right after I reached office and spoken to my immediate reporting officer about this matter. On the process of the "buy-over". To be honest, this is my first encounter on involving such "buy-over" incident. Less than an hour later, my resignation letter was handed over, my official last day will be the very next day. Reason behind is behind I was scheduled to work midnite on Thursday, which will absolutely disturb my body clock. Hence, it leaves me no choice but to consider it a '24 hour resignation'.

That's basically it. My days in the current company that I've spent 2 years and 4 months has ended. I'm moving, or rather "returning" to where I originated from couple of years back. Yea, I'm going back to a company where I spent the most fabulous 5 years in my entire career path.

To those who adores me, who loves me, who likes me, who supported/backed me in my previous company that I just left, yes, no doubt about it, I LOVE YOU ALL!!! And I'll for sure miss each and every single one of you.

To those who don't like me, who despise me, who hates me, who are offended by my blog posts, lemme say this to your face:

FUCK YOU!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment