Saturday, August 22, 2009

Weird Story from New WorkPlace

A week has passed since I joined the new company. Well, it ain’t exactly a new job environment, but it’s a totally new job function, for I’ve worked in this company couple of years back. Left it, and then I’m back in it again. For those who know me well enough, I’m sure they what I’m talking about.

Now then. Back to my whole purpose of writing this post.

First day of training. Well, nothing much to learn. It’s only some basic introductions made between the newbies inside the new training room. There’re altogether 8 of us, which is the biggest newbies’ class eversince our current trainer got his trainer job almost 2 years back. Yea. History’s been created. I’m in the biggest newbies class ever in this division that I’m going to join 3 weeks later.

Right after lunch, all of us newbies were given a building tour. As the name suggested, we ‘travelled’ through the 4 levels that are accessible to us. Yeap. I still bumped into few of ‘em that I’ve worked before during my days here. Those who recognizes me were very, and I mean really surprise to see my face appearing in that building, again, after all these years. It really brings back lotsa memories, be it sweet or sad, crazy or sane. It’s coming back to me now. After the tour, I got to know a very interesting story from my fellow newbie colleague. Here’s how it all started.

So, as usual. This newbie colleague of mine, let’s address him as Mr G, went for the same interview like me. He was still under contract with one of the well-known customer contact centre locally. So, he received a confirmation from our current company that he got the job. Therefore, naturally he should be submitting the ‘ultimate letter’ that every single employer will fears to receive in any time of the year.

Upon hearing that Mr G is gonna leave, they tricked Mr G into signing something which is totally irrelevant in confirming his status of a permanent staff. Even though irrelevant, they used that “signature” to claimed that Mr G has signed, and he’s officially a permanent staff with their company already. In addition to that, they made him sign the ‘document’ when Mr G was on the phone liaising with a customer.

You must be wondering why is that company doing such despicable thing eh? There’s only one thing involves in here, “$” is the one. Technically, Mr G is still their employee. We’re sorta ‘getting’ him over from his then employer. But since that Mr G was still on contract, it means that company will virtually not be getting a single dime from anyone, hence the ‘speed up’ process in confirming my newbie colleague, and get a ‘compensation’ amount outta my current company.

Just when you think this is low? Read on for more ‘exciting’ stuff that makes you think that it’ll only occurred in a tele-drama world, but not in real life.

So, my friend, Mr G went back to his previous employment to settle off some ‘outstanding’ stuff and hope to ends all these complications once and for all.

He was supposed to be reporting into our training class right after lunch time, which is around 1pm. But, ‘twas already 4pm and suddenly we got to know from our trainer that Mr G was somehow ‘locked’ in his previous employer’s building. Yeah. You saw that word. “Locked” is the word. Confined, restrained in a room, that he can’t even get outta that building. He’s stuck there, for at least couple of hours. He was finally able to escape outta that building and reached our training room 30minutes later. He was startled while telling us the story. Of course this went up to the management and they were working very hard in trying to get this “problem” done and dusted ASAP. Of course, due to the above incidents, Mr G is ‘restricted’ by our current employer from dealing with the previous employer ever.

Talk about drama eh?? It’s still unresolved totally as time of post. That, my mates, is one helluva story, comparable to the drama “Prison Break”.

As for myself, nothing much. Everything is quite ‘familiar’ in the sense of the working environment, the people. But system wise, it’ll be entirely different. Something that I’ve not soaked my hands into during my previous tenure here.

Come to think of it, there’s one thing that I still don’t understand. My previous employer’s Human Resource department has removed my name from their database on my last day with them. But when I was about to get my employee access tag from the current company, my name is still somehow attached to the previous employer’s database. Talk about efficiency eh??

5 days of my first week training has passes by easily. Friday after work, ‘twas around 5.30 in the evening. Got a call from a couple of mates working nearby my current employer’s vicinity to have ‘some’ drinks. Hey! Why not?! It’s been awhile since I ‘enjoy’ the “after office hour activities” such as this already, and it dragged on till almost 11pm that we decided to ‘call it a day’. It wasn’t a dead-drunk situation. ‘twas mainly a get-around, tension-releasing session for all of us, after 5 consecutive days of bloody work.

As for this wonderful Saturday morning? I went for a badminton game with my upcoming seniors/mates in the department. Yeap. You see that right. A badminton friendly game, on a Saturday morning, and ‘twas raining. Those who have read my blog knows that I ain’t a morning person. Surprise eh??

IT’S ALL GONNA BLOODY CHANGE!!!

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget to change the name of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete