Wednesday, October 7, 2009

"Some Concern"

Day 3 into my new 530am working shift, fucking one week of me without the email communication tool! Wanna know the whole story?? Here you go.

Last Tuesday, everything was smooth as silk in terms of everything, and I mean EVERY-FUCKING-THING! Then come Wednesday, I was still scheduled to report into work at 6 in the morning. Due to the fact that I’m currently having my VERY OWN DESK, normally I will just lock my computer desktop when I leave the office for the day. Like I said, everything was effing fine on Tuesday noon.

Got into the office before 6am, turn on my personal computer, wanna access to my email system to read through any news. Only to find out that I’m unauthorized to access to the server that I was using perfectly, PERFECTLY FINE on Tuesday. So happened that my senior was around to assist, but he suggested me to go ahead and contact our helpdesk for further assistance.

Fair enough. Call the helpdesk. After a few troubleshooting here and there, the agent on the other line decided that she would have to raise this case for the local technician to come and have a look at my desktop to solve since it can’t be done over the phone. Right, I will be expecting someone from the IT division to visit me today to fix it.

Time passes real fast if you were to work shift like mine. It’s almost 1pm. The IT guy finally came. After abit checking here and there, and abit touch-ups here and there, he said that he’ll need to get back to me the next day for further remedies. Remember, this guy came on Wednesday.

So, the next day, unfortunately I was on medical and dizzy et al. Hence, he wouldn’t be able to do anything. Consider it a “holiday” for him then.

I was back on Friday. Again, that same IT guy came down around 1pm. Don’t ask me why the time, I’ve no fucking idea at all. He said that he tried contacting the country where the server that I’m attached to is residing, but apparently it’s that country’s public holiday. There you go, another day has gone.

Come weekend, and then Monday. He tried to fix it again. God knows what he did to my PC, it’s still unsolved, and then he said that he’ll have to go online while sitting at my desk, so that a remote-site engineer from the oversea country can do their stuff while the IT guy standing-by my desk. Still, failed, and it dragged to today, which the exact one week passes by. All my emails from customers, I’m unable to retrieve. All the emails that I wanna send out to solve cases, I’m unable to send. All the updates within my division, I have no fuckin’ idea at all unless notify by my workmates or my boss directly.

You might be thinking why haven’t I escalate it to my boss to have a “good look” at it?? Of fucking course I DID!!! But, there’s so little that he can do as even the IT people trying to close my case ASAP.

Tomorrow will be another day, Thursday. I wonder how long will these bugger drag on my case. I’m a computer literate as well, hmmm almost. But if my email tool has got authorization problem accessing the server, why on earth does the IT guy wanna re-install the whole application?? Does it even really help?? He claimed that he just wanna “eliminate” this possibility of the limited access is resulted from my pc instead of something else. Good lord. Common sense: if there’s a server access problem, even if you were to change the whole goddamn fucking computer will not change a single thing. It only has got one thing to do that is denying the access to the server, and that one thing is: ID…..Is he really that dumb? Or does he think that I’m dumb??

I wouldn’t know when will this problem be solved. But I’m very skeptical of it getting solved by end of this week.

To top it all off, this IT department stationed locally in our very own building is an outsourced company.

Some grunts n’ groans from the humble me.

Be back for more, will ya??

No comments:

Post a Comment