Monday, October 5, 2009

Recently........[Part 2]

It’s been more than 2 weeks since I last wrote here. Yeah. I’ma busy person recently. Been out from the desk for quite an amount of time. Here’s a low-down from my last post.

So, one fine day. We, the newbies that just got outta training room decided to have one last gathering with the trainer, before we actually go on our own separate ways in different department. Hence the gang decided to dine in a restaurant located uphill somewhere south-east of my living area. Quite a nice environment I’d say, see pictures below on the view from the restaurant. Words can’t describe it. The breezing air, coupled with some hot dishes that the restaurant has to offer, absolute perfecto!

View from the restaurant. Nice eh??


Another angle, well, more like another camera mode.

So, after some crazy session of dinner cum rubbish-talking. Second round of the nite beckons. We crashed our trainer’s house for some ‘wine-tasting’ session. Owh, forgot to mention, the few of us bought our trainer something as a token of appreciation. Guess what is it? See picture below.


and no, we didn't touch this wine on that nite.

We stayed till almost 3 in the morning, and lucky enough, none of us went drunk. We were able to reach home in one piece. Hallelujah!

Then, just last week. Got to know from my old folks that I have to turn up in some relative’s son’s wedding dinner. Gosh. Outta nowhere, I’ve no contact with ‘em, I don’t know who on earth are they, and now I gotta turn up for that?! In addition to that, my old folks said that relatives from all over the states are turning up, so there’s no exception this time around. Well well well, waddya know? This relative of mine seems to be some big shot, that catches the attention from all over the states. Reluctantly, I dragged my lazy ass to attend both functions ie. First was the nite before the actual wedding day, the second being the actual wedding dinner. ‘twas tough for me as all I can do is eat, drink, smile, nod my head and keep my mouth shut. My old folks will do all the talking, socializing while me sitting there, “entertaining” the elders. Another problem is, there’s this couple who came all the way from the land down under just to attend this wedding. They’ll always spend the nite at our house in the event if there’s any ‘function’ similar to this. Heck, the couple spent 2 nites with us, at our house, and I lost my ‘connection’ time. Sigh….the wedding was on Saturday, on the very same evening, my uncle from down-under suggested that we go for some “really” nice food, and I mean REALLY nice food, who people like me & my old folks probably will only get a hand, or rather a mouth on it once a lifetime.

So, Sunday it is. The “grand feast” beckons. Due to the fact that it’s a chinese restaurants, the menu I captured here with my phone cam is exactly what we had stuffed into our stomach on that evening. One day after we attended the wedding dinner. I need to apologize on this one here as I have no idea how on earth am I gonna translate the name of these dishes.




Here’re a couple pictures that worth showing you lots.

This one below here is sharkfin, sorry about the quality of the picture, I was trembling with joy & saliva dripping when I was taking this one.




This one right below here, is the ultimate abalone. ABA-EFFING-LONE!!!! There were altogether 11 of us, one abalone for each headcount. How much did it cost?? You do the math here.




After all these feasts, my dad went for a med-check, only to find out that his left shoulder has some tendon problem and he has to cut down all the ‘heave-duty’ food. Lucky that he stuffed it all in, before he went for med-check, or my mom will be nagging him whole nite long.

Couple of days later, I got down with fever. The funny thing is, everything was A-O-K the nite before. I was suspecting because of the slight rain during I retrieve my car from my house to the car park. C’mon, it’s just less than 2minutes walk to get to my car. What harm would it have if I just run over to the car without an umbrella? But, god knows. I started to feel dizzy in office, feeling cold eventhough the whole office was warm. I know something is wrong with me already. I told me boss upfront that I might not be turning up tomorrow. He acknowledged it.

Went straight to the doc after work, only to know that I am really down with slight fever, at 38 degrees. Got myself some meds from the doc, lost 20 bucks in the process. Owh, ‘twas the same day that the the whole world is impacted with earthquake, flood, storms et al. talk about tragedy eh? Ah, now I remember, ‘twas last Thursday!

Friday comes, was informed by my boss that due to a change in time zone, 2 of us gotta come in to work at 530 in the morning, while the remaining 2 will be reporting in to work at 7am. I took the 530 shift, which will last for a month. But if any case that anyone of us wish to change it, we’re allowed to do that, just a simple notification one day in advance will do.

And that’s today. Woke up 4:40 in the morning, reached office around 5:10. Work like a dog, got to know that my so called lunch break/1hour break is scheduled at 9 in the morning. 9 IN THE MORNING!!! Everyone just arrived to work, but I’m already going out for my ‘lunch break’. Words can’t describe my feeling that time. All I can consume that time was just bread. A tuna bread + some egg bread, all packed in one bag. I’ll show you lots the picture tomorrow. “Escaped” from office at 2:40 in the afternoon, beaten all the bloody jam. Reached home around 3pm, and here I am, posting this one up.

Phew! Hope it’s not a long post for y’all to read. That’s it. A summary of my absence here recently. Gotta go prepare myself for some japanese anime marathon. Then will have to knock myself off to bed already, for I have to wake up around 4:30 in the morning to prepare to work, which starts at 5:30 in the morning!

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment