Friday, October 29, 2010

On A Day Like This

Wanted to put this one up in midweek but I was too tired to do so. Hence I post it up today, now.

Went for a close friend’s wedding last Saturday, 60% of the attendance is all ex- and current staff of the current company that I’m in. That’s why I told everyone that this is more like a “family reunion” party instead of a wedding dinner. Ahh well, I’d like to take the opportunity to say congrats to both the bride & the groom on the wedding, and wish you live happily everafter.

3 days ago, 26th was the day of reckoning for Motivator. ‘twas his 6th month in current job, which is due for confirmation review from the bosses. Coincidentally, we had a meeting with our new deputy manager on the very same day as well. During the meeting, everyone was talking about cases, on the difficulties that they faced during negotiation with the clients et al. I know that deep down inside all of ‘em wanted to ask this very question: Is this bastard leaving, or is he staying?

That’s the million dollar question. Couldn’t bare it anymore, I burst out to the new deputy:

“Off the record, is there gonna be any replacement for Motivator then?”

This new deputy is a honest manager thus far. She has given me the impression that, if someone is right, she’ll say Kudos, Well done. You’re correct etc etc etc. But if someone screw it all up, she’ll give it to that person right in his/her face regardless of whatever reason.

When she heard my question, she mentioned that Motivator did screw up few times, and she did gave it to Motivator right in his face etc etc etc. But it seems like she didn’t answer my question instead. Therefore I persisted & asked her the same question again. She said that she’ll give Motivator a month or two for him to improve on all his shortcomings.

Fine.

I got the answer that I wanted. Right after that, I asked her on the fate of this newbie that I swapped my role with. She put it bluntly and directly saying that, given the performance til mid of November, if things don’t improve by then, this newbie will be gone.

Great. At least one good news for the day. The meeting then went on for 2 hours whereas it should’ve been ended in an hour. Damn. Talk about rumor mongers and bitchin’ session.

In between today and the day after meeting, which is Wednesday til today, Motivator has been bombarded by questions from managers on certain accounting stuff. Not that I care much, but I’ve got reliable sources told me that Motivator was having a torrid time getting the correct stuff to be delivered to the managers.

Towards the end of my working hour for today, gotten a confirmation that Motivator has personally appealed himself to be extended for 3 more months in order for him to improve all his shortcomings, which the deputy duly accepted it. If things remain the same after 3 months, he’ll have no choice but to pack his bag and get the fuck outta here. Great! We’ve waited for 6 months, why another 3 months then.

On a sidenote, I was browsing through for some vacancies internally and see if there’s any “interesting” position that I can dip my head into. Found out something interesting, something similar to what I’ve been expecting to get. Again, it’s something similar, but no exactly the same.

I’ve got sources informing me that there’ll be tough competition on that post. Ahh. Not that I give a fuck on who’s gonna be my competitors for that post, but I shall do my fucking best to get that post. If I lose out on that, at least I gave it my bloody best shot already. Wish me luck.

My current new role’s department is gonna short of one more headcount, for one of the senior has opted to further the career elsewhere, internally. Good luck to you. We shall meet again, hopefully. *wink*wink*

That’s it. That’s all the updates for this past week. Short, straight to the point. Ain’t no bullshitting around.

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment