Saturday, April 18, 2009

Absurdity of Customer - Part 4

Hi lads, it’s been awhile. I’ve got so much stuff to share with you lots but I don’t know where to start. So here goes.

So, this one fine day, as usual I was working noon shift. Then in came a call from a 60year-old man enquiring on his cable tv which he has enrolled into direct deduction from his card account. Apparently, he found out that there were some discrepancies in his monthly card account with us. Hence the call. Here’s the conversation:

M: poor ol’ me
W: customer

*usual call opening shit*

W: There’s a discrepancies in my card account on this cable tv direct deduction, and I’m suppose to get a refund from those guys in that cable tv station, where is it?!
M: Allow me to check that out for you sir, would you mind just stay on the line for a moment, or would you like me to return call to you, sir?
W: I’ll wait, it’s alrite.

*After approximately 3 minutes of reading through his case, which traced back all the way to year 2007, apparently the local cable tv is awaiting [still] this customer to make payment onto his already-due-cable-tv-account before they can issue the whole refund amount into his account. Hence the delay.*

And so I informed the customer about my findings. But he went berserk and said the following:

W: WHAT?! Why should I be paying them in order to get back my refund? I’m not going to pay anything. They owe me, they should pay me back! Why should I be paying them, before I can get the refund? Bunch of useless retards! You understand or not?
M: .......
W: I want you call them up and ask them to issue the refund for me now! I’m not going to call them anymore. They’re useless, utter rubbish useless bunch of company. You understand or not?
M: I’m afraid I won’t be able to do that on you behalf sir, due to the fact that the cable tv will do all sorts of verifications before they can release any further info of a customer. It’s customers privacy sir.
W: NO! I don’t care, you call them, tell them that I authorized you to do so. I don’t wanna call those retards anymore! You understand or not?
M: As much as I wanna help you on this matter, I’m afraid I won’t be able to help you on this. You might need to give ‘em a call personally sir.
W: Damnit! So long already and no one informed about this! What you all doing all these while?!
M: .......

Now, allow me to explain to you lots on this: you signed up the direct deduction with us. We, the financial institution will receive instructions from the respective company to deduct a certain amount from the customers’ card account. This is how direct deduction works. If the company didn’t send any instruction to us, the financial institution to deduct any amount, we will not do anything. If in any case, there’re disputes from the customers’ direct deduction, of course we’ll raise the dispute on customers’ behalf. But when it comes to refunds from the respective companies into customers’ card account, all we [financial institutions] can do is just wait. If customers want to expedite the process of the refunds, they’ll have to pay those companies a visit, or perhaps give ‘em a call already.

So, if all these are so straightforward and easy, why on earth did this retard calling in cursing like mad? Hohoho, if you think that was the end of the case, you’re wrong.

Read on!

W: I’ve told the agents in the cable tv that I cancelled my subscription with them long time already, but how come they still deducting. I also faxed to them few times on the cancellation already. Why my direct debit is stil ongoing? What you all doing there? Sitting on your fat @$$ everyday in the office?!
M: Allow me to explain to you on that matter sir. From my records in here, that account has certainly been cancelled from our side on the very day you put up the request. We’ve sent the request to the cable tv company for termination purposes. But it seems like they’ve not done anything on that sir.
W: So? They kept on deducting that amount from my card account then? You can’t let them do this. You understand or not? You are the financial institution, you can instruct them to not charge onto my card. Why are this happening? You understand or not? You can’t let them do such thing. You understand or not?
M: I totally understand, sir. I’ll follow up on the termination request for you sir.
W: Sigh. You all are just the same. I ask y’all to do one thing, that ONE simple task. Even that you guys can’t manage it. What a disgrace. You know this has caused me lotsa trouble. You understand or not?
M: .........
W: Argh. Ok. You do what you’re suppose to do on your end. I’ll call those buggers at the cable tv on my refunds & for one last time, I’m gonna screw them up on why didn’t they cancel my subscription after numerous faxes be sent. Stupid.
M: Rite sir.

*usual call closing shit*

Now, allow me to say one thing: WADAFAK is he keep on repeating the phrase “You understand or not”?? Am I that stupid not to understand what is he trying to explain? The way he expressed it at that point of time sounds like he’s underestimating my ability to solve his problem. Well, not all of it, ‘cos my hands are tied on some issues, but most of it I was able to solve it for him. It really gets on my nerve when he kept on repeating that bloody phrase. Put yourself into my shoes, if a customer keep on repeating that phrase to you, when you’re not at fault on anything, will you get irate? I for sure will.

Owh well, it’s all in a day’s work. Just suck it up, relax, and move on.

That’s all for today’s article. Be back for more. Lotsa interesting stories to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment