Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Regulator Failure

It’s been awhile. Yea, I was busy preparing something. I’ll let you all in a bit what I’m on about recently. But this one fine day, something happened to me. Rather unfortunate to be honest. Here goes.

I was working noon shift, which will makes reach home around 12 midnite after my shift work ends for that day. There I go, everything went smooth as silk on that day. Remember this: it went SMOOTH AS SILK on that day. Rite. Time’s up, it’s escape-from-hell time. Hence, running like a world sprint champ Mr Bolt, I got into my car and prepare my good ol’ journey back home-sweet-home. First stop, a toll. Rite, piece of cake, I tried to wind down my window, but…but…but…it fucking malfunction at this time!!! I tried to press the button *power window mode* to wind down the window numerous times but it fails to go down as I wish. In the end, I had to slip my hand through the tiny lil’ space of the window and pay the toll price. Goddamnit! I was in a damn good mood on that day, but for this to happen. It really came at a bad time. Really!

Throughout the whole journey home, I kept on trying on the power window, hoping that I can solve this measly problem on my car. But, as the distance gets nearer to my house, the window gets wind down even further, leave a huge open space enough for a thieve/robber to climb into the car in the middle of the nite. Yea, I can only wind it down, but not UP!

Fine. I’m home, downstairs, but can’t get into my house, literally ‘cos the window just won’t close and I can’t leave my car just like that. All I need is just to get the bloody window up, just nice enough to cover the whole door from whatever bad stuff might happen to my car. I gave up on it. I called one of my friends for assistance. Both of us tried hard as can be to solve it. We ended up stick a piece of steel on the edge of the window so that it won’t fall down, after we dismantle it that is.

So, problem solved, for now. The next day, I got myself to the mechanic near my house and ask him what’s the problem behind. Apparently, the goddamn window regulator is spoilt and I gotta replace it already. Then I think to myself, : “True enough, it’s been almost 9 years, and this window regulator never fails me. Only this time. Alrite then. No big deal. Let the master handle it then. In case you are still clueless on this. Here are some pictures, exclusively for you lots.






this is the window regulator

this is my car, after dismantled the cushion on the front door, pilot seat.

this is the "how-to" diagram on the location of the regulator.

another "how-to" picture on replacing the spoilt, with the brand new regulator.

the finishing.

There you go. Looks complicated eh?? Nah, if you were at the spot when your mechanic is replacing/fixing it, it’s a piece of cake. Really.

Nothing much to rant about here. Just that wanna share some stuff with y’all. Besides, my pathetic car is almost 16 years old now. So, please go soft on her then.

Be back for more, ladies and gentlemen. Something BIG is gonna happen soon. VERY soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment