Thursday, September 10, 2009

Outta Training - New Department - 1st Day

Aaaaahhhhhh….first day at work, in my new department. ‘twas a mixed feeling altogether. Ain’t know what is it all about. The feeling of newbie comes back to me again. You might be arguing that I’ve been through all the trainings, and I should be able to cope with and all those bullshit. But, going up there, answering calls straight away is a different ball game altogether. But thank to the ONE above. It’s not the case. Since this is our [the 4 of us] first day in this department, we were attached to the seniors and listen to their calls, and see how do they perform their daily work. In short, we call it a “buddy session” with the seniors. This is the part where the 4 of us will be sitting next to the seniors, get to know the seniors, the surroundings, and all the stuff that a newbie should be doing after coming outta training room, going into the new department.

Buddy session went for approximately couple of hours, time for lunch. At least now we, the newbies have some clues on how/what to do during a certain circumstances. But I found out one thing: Of all the stuff that we learnt during training past few weeks, only the stuff that were taught by our trainer towards the end of training are frequently used by the seniors today.

Dear trainer, in case your reading this post, no offense to you eh?? I won’t be adding any further comments on this part until I’m really familiar with the job.

Lunch’s over. Back to the department. Then came along a meeting with the rest of the team. Well, I wouldn’t say a meeting, it’s more like a discussions among the team members on the cases that they’ve been through so far, on a weekly basis, and to share among the team members on the latest development. The meeting went on for an hour, or so. We, the newbies were given time, and guidance from the supervisor on the system ie. The user-IDs, the set-up of the systems etc etc.

Just to let y’all know. I AM HAVING MY OWN FREAKING PERSONAL DESK, WITH OWN PERMANENT SEAT, WITH MY OWN PERSONAL PEDESTAL!!!! NO MORE SHARING!!!!

You must be thinking why on earth am I typing all those common stuff in block letters. Well, for starter, I don’t have the luxury of having my own desk since the start of my career. The matter of fact is that I’m always on a shift work, hence it’ll be a “hot-desk” environment. In case you don’t know what does “hot-desk” means, and if you have all the time in the world reading this, please click this link HERE for explanation. Pretty straight-forward. This is the first time EVER that I fucking OWNED a desk for my OWN use. So, I guess by now you should be on the same page with me on “why the excitement over own permanent desk?”, eh?? It might not be a big deal to y’all, for me, it’s FUCKING BIG DEAL!

A~~~~nyway, since it’s a new set-up department, it takes some time for the 4 of us to clean here & there, testing out the system, helping on the set-up and “customizations” on our desktop. Without us realizing, the time has come for us, newbies to go home. There goes the first day for us in the new department. I’ve got no idea what’s in store for us tomorrow.

Got a few short text messages appeared in my mobile from my ex-workmates wishing me luck on my first day here. Thanks a bunch, lads!!! I LOVE Y’ALL TOO!!!

Tomorrow will be another 830am-530pm job, but starting Monday, I will be on shift again. Well, to be exact, it’s still a Monday-Friday job, I’m starting slight earlier than normal people. It will really be the day where the 4 of us WILL be going on floor to take calls already. Talk about the pace eh???

Come what may, I’m all pumped up!!! Bring the FUCK on!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment