Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Taking Calls - Day 2

Like my previous post mentioned, today is really an eventful day for the 4 of us.

Arrives at office vicinity around 5:48am. You must be wondering why-on-earth do I know the exact time of arrival today compared to yesterday?? Hehe. I’ve got the picture to show you lads I really arrived this early in the freaking morning to work. Yeah. Like I mentioned time and again, I’ma CHANGED PERSON ALREADY!!!



The time in my car, upon arrival in office vicinity. Told 'ya I'm for real!




Yeap. I was "speeding", when i was on my way to work this morning. It's been awhile since I can drive with this kinda speed in downtown.

Day 2 of taking calls in the brand new department. Still exciting. But it’s rather easier for the 4 of us now that we’ve already encounter what might have turned up once we received the transferred calls from our fellow counterpart downstairs. Instead of sitting there, waiting for incoming calls, all 4 of us were given a list to do outbound calls to the customers, requesting for some necessary information. In other words, we’re doing outgoing calls, and at the same time awaiting incoming calls. Sounds pretty tough huh?? But, the fact is that today is the 1st day that the 4 of us are being assigned with this list, and my access to all the required systems are not fully “functional” just yet, ‘twas a rather a mess for 4 of us. In addition to that, one of the phone systems is still remains as malfunction as it was yesterday.

Again we gotta share desktops among ourselves, so that each of us will get the fair share of login time to await incoming calls, and at the same time making outgoing calls to all the customers in the aforementioned lists that were being assigned to the 4 of us.

One will always forget how time will pass once we’re sooooo concentrated onto something that are really interesting to us, especially when it is something new. That’s exactly what happens to the 4 of us. Time passes by like an arrow without us noticing that it’s about time we go out for our meal, separately. All our arranged schedule have jumbled up till our leader gave up on it. Well, it’s our 2nd day in a brand-new-set-up division. Whatchu expect, right??

Off work at 330pm today. (We were informed upfront yesterday to arrive by 630am this morning. Hence off work at 330pm. In case you're wondering, Doh!) Had a lil’ discussion among us with our supervisor chairing the discussion, talking about developments for the day, and what awaits us. Got outta office at 4, reached home 30mins later, still got time for car wash. Come to think of it, it’s been more than 2 months since I last washed the car. Well, not that I “wash the car” myself, but I really can’t stand it this time around. Since still early for dinner, I drove the car and paid off others to wash for me. I'm one lazy bugger eh?? Yes. I admit it.

Well, it’s nothing much to write about on the 2nd day of my call-taking. Tomorrow will be entirely different for sure due to the fact that all 4 of us have got the hang of doing it already. Besides, our supervisor has already informed us that tomorrow’s gonna be rather interesting as my access to the system will be almost completed, except for 1, or maybe 2 which we rarely use on a daily basis might not be available. Owh well, fuck it. 2nd day, I’ve noticed what are the ‘necessities’ for me to do my job well, and for my division to excel in. it’s just about time only. Apart from that, we’re starting to work on the listing already. Even though the list is about 100 names per person, per day, and to top it all off, the list will increase on a daily basis. Hmm. I think we can manage it.

Time check: 9pm+ again. Hmm, I’m thinking whether I should bring my personal-unused mouse-pad over to office for my personal use. Heck! It’s my own freaking desk FFS! Instead of letting the mouse-pad sitting pretty here in front of my room’s monitor, collecting dust, why not put it into good use eh??


The dust-collecting mouse-pad in front of my PC. A gift from a friend. Exclusive. Not For Sale.


Alrighty. I'm off to bed now, again. Be back for more, ladies and gentlmen.

No comments:

Post a Comment