Monday, September 14, 2009

Taking Calls - First Day

First day taking incoming calls internally. Nervous?? Of-fucking-course!!!!! Need me say more?!?!

Got up at 5am earlier today. Yes. I freaking got up at 5am this morning. You’re damn lucky I didn’t snap the picture when I drove the car to work today. Owh well, I never lies. You wanna believe me, go ahead. If you don’t wanna believe me, suits yourself. You may fuck right off!!!

It’s really a breezing, free & easy morning. No traffic at all, every single road/alley is clear, I’m awake while on my way to work. Reached office lobby at 530am. Only to find out that I left my access card to the office in my car. Cursing and slow-walking towards my car again just to retrieve the access card. ‘twas all sweaty after return from the car. Got up to office, only to receive a text message from my immediate supervisor that we’ll only starts at 630am… Oooooook, seems like I’ve got an extra 30mins to settle down, get myself a nice cuppa coffee, relax myself, get the system up & running while waiting for the seniors & supervisor to arrive.

625am. Both of ‘em arrive on-the-dot. After setting up everything, it’s time. YESH!!!! IT’S SHOWDOWN!!! Due to some complications on call-master device, only 2 outta 4 are able to log-in into the line to receive calls, hence we had to ‘rotate’ to get a feel of those incoming calls.


similar phone system that we're using, except 2 of it are malfunction.

First call got into my line around 9 in the morning local time here. It’s rather simple conversation. The caller’s voice sounds crystal clear, compare to the recorded ones that were played to us via laptop, through speaker during training days. All-in-all, the 4 of us got a pretty “easy” day as in total, we only received 5 calls. This is because we’re only getting calls that are being transferred by our fellow counterparts in other departments whereby those calls are pertaining to my division’s portfolios, for now. Don’t ask me why the volume is so low. Even my supervisor is a tad-bit surprised by that as well.

But starting next week, we will not only be receiving calls from internal transfers, we will also be receiving calls directly from the customers themselves, that is in the even they press the accurate options when they got through the voice-response-system.

3pm, time’s up! Let’s get the feck outta here. Well. We did come in at 6 in the morning to start-off our work for the day. So, we are supposed to get off the area at 3 in the afternoon, provided that there’s no pending cases that needs to be settled on that day itself. Yeap. That’s basically it on my first day taking calls, in this new department. To be honest, I can hear my heartbeat when the first call got through my line. Never in my life has encounter such [insert your choice of words here] when taking my first call in the call floor. I hope things will get better soon as we get our hands on more incoming calls.

On a sidenote, my new department had a small BBQ gathering on Saturday. ‘twas fun. But, (there’s always a “but”), it took us some time to get the fire up & ready. Don’t believe me, I’ve got the picture this time. Off you go!


Picture taken around 730pm, 45 minutes after set-up.


Another 15minutes later, more "experts" arrived to the "scene", still no fire. :-D


The fire was finally "up & running" after 2 full hours of "relentless effort". Phew!
Overall, ‘twas a very fun BBQ session, in addition to that, the team are able to have fun, release some pressures and leave the work behind.

Tomorrow will be another eventful day. Hope for the best.

It's 9pm+ now. I'm preparing to bed now. Scary huh? Never thought that I'll be off to bed this early huh? Well, I'm a changed person now.

Be back for more!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment