Thursday, February 5, 2009

Another Fine Day in Office

Ahhh, what a great today is. After 2 days of working in the goddamn early morning shift, I’m finally back to the shift where I truly love, the noon shift. Yes. I ain’t a morning person. Slept 12am sharp last nite, woke up around 11 this morning. What a nice feeling that is. Finally, managed to “revenge” my “not-enough-sleep” disease once and for all for this week. 11 hours of sleep, that ought to make myself the freshest person in this world. Haha.

Reached office around noon time, just half hour before my work starts. Have a wee-bit chit-chat with few colleagues. Here’s the conversation that took place with my friend.

M: who else?
F: Friend

M: Oi, Busy ar?
F: What you think?
*look at me with the shittiest look I ever seen in my life*
M: Hmmm….Don’t know, shouldn’t be very busy considering it’s midweek., I presume?
F: Of course busy lah!!!! Like hell now! Those farking calls coming in like water, non-stop since morning!
M: Wah! So serious huh? How come?
F: Don’t know. Don’t care. And just to tell you, the phone system screwed up again today! You don’t have to login into your phone system later.
M: For real?!?!?

F: When did’t I ever lie to you??
M: Saaa-weeeeeeeet! Wanna go for a quicky, since stil got time?
F: Ok.


Then both of us went down the lobby to have a quick smoking session (Stop thinking quicky means something else, you perv!!). There I was, listened to my mate’s complaint at the lobby whilst having a short puffing session.

After the ‘unofficial business’ is taken care of, we return to the ‘shithole’. My supervisor came over and informed me that the phone system is down for the day (again, woohoo!) and I just need to go and do some paperwork til the morning shifters finish their shift, which is 2.5 hours to go. Without a blink of an eye, I gladly accepted the ‘task’ assigned by my supervisor.

This kinda ‘incident’ doesn’t come much often. It’ll only happens once in a blue moon. Heck, this doesn’t even suppose to be happened. But yet, it happens. Ahh well, just use this kinda opportunities to the max, I guess. What should I do? This is what I did:

-Walk around, as if I’m a supervisor.
-Chit chatting on latest issues/gossips.
-Doing paperwork.
-Be a puffing tom.

And these 4 steps go round and round and round til the morning shifters finish their work 2.5 hours later. (Damn I’m busy eh?)

Ok, morning shifters have gone home-sweet-home. My turn to login now. I’ve already planned myself that I’m gonna go out for my dinner normally 30mins after the morning shifters gone home. Today is the same thing. So, in between my 1st login into the phone system til my dinner time, I’ve got only 5 calls that got in, and all of those calls are just merely normal account enquiries, which I can settled it with a flip of a finger.

As of time of posting, 4 hours after I got back from dinner. I’ve only received 4 calls in total. So in total, for the whole day, I received not more than 10 calls. Talk about luck eh?

Okok. I’ve never gloat about anything in my blog yet. So I guess, this is my 1st eh?

Gonna blog about a darn “farney” story that happened during CNY soon. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment