Saturday, February 28, 2009

Compliments

Working in a shithole like this, sometimes there’s a good side of it as well. At time, one might get some gift from a customer to him/her for the good service rendered as a token of appreciation. At time, one might get something in black and white ie. Letter which will go into the agent’s personal, and in turn will reflects good record on that agent’s work performance. All these are just part of the examples of compliments that a customer service agent will get if in any situation that the customer/caller is very, and I do mean VERY satisfy/happy with the service we provided to the customer.

I ain’t boasting my ‘accomplishments’ so far in this company but I do not get anything physical ie. Gifts/letter from any customer as of yet. But off and on, I do get ‘praised’ by customers for my ‘professionalism’ in my daily work that I encountered during my tenure herein this shithole. Here’s one of the many examples that customers said to me, which I duly accept it with honour.

M: humble me
C: customer

C: Is this call centre located locally in here, or is my call being diverted to some oversea country’s call centre?
M: No sir, we’re located locally in here…
*interrupted by customer*
C: Owh, is that right? ‘cos you don’t sound local. You sounds like an American.
M:
*giggle* No sir. I’m born and bred local sir.
C: Ahh…you possess very, very good language skill there. Keep it up!
M: Thank you Very much, sir. I will.


Ever since I dipped myself into this field, I’ve got quite a number of customers told me that I sounded like an American, which I’m not. Some of the customers also said that I sounded like those from O.Z, british. However, just a couple of days ago, I received a call from one of the customer checking on his account. While I was looking into the status of his account , he asked me if I’m a Dutch. I of cause denied it. He said this:

“You’re sure you’re not from Dutchland? ‘cos you really sound like them. Maybe it could be due to the slang that you have there.”
“Owh, no sir. I’m very much a local lad.”

“Ooh, ok.”

Now, this is really hilarious. For the first time ever, someone thinks that I’m a Dutch.

Another thing I wanna share with you lots is that, my voice is rather deep, low kinda voice whenever I’m working/on the phone with customers. In case you have no freakin’ idea what am I on about here, just listen to those Dee-Jay announcer/radio DJ voice, and you know what I mean then. Yes, I’ve got few customers even suggesting me to quit this current job and be a radio station announcer or DJ or something similar in that field.

To those who are reading this blog, any takers? Or anyone who has any connection to those working in a radio station?? I ain’t asking tv station ‘cos I ain’t that good looking in person **quite low self-esteem eh??** I’m always available for any job interviews that involves my sexy voice!

After all these, why the heck does my boss always criticize me on how I speak then?? Can anyone in this goddamn world tell me? Why why-oh-why??

No comments:

Post a Comment