Monday, March 2, 2009

Phone/Call Routing - End

Remember about my numerous rant about how rubbish it is, that the phone/call routing in my office? In case you haven’t, please, puh-lease head on HERE to read it first.

Now, just couple of days back. One of my mates was working nite shift with one of the supervisors that is very close to us, albeit from other department. She, *yes, it’s a SHE. Stil single and available. Those who are interested, please drop me an email. I’ll hook you guys up, for free!* is a goddamn GOOD supervisor when she was with our department. She is capable of making the impossible into possible. She’s got it all. Hats off to her. I ain’t gonna do a background check on her herein my blog, like my current supervisor that I wrote about previously in HERE. Reason being, well, there’s no reason for that. It’s my fuckin’ blog. I have my own reason for not writing a background check on her in here. So, stop pestering me for that.

Slightly went off topic already. Ok. My mate is complaining about the same thing that most of us encountered – calls got into his line, but not his midnite shift partner. Therefore, this lovely supervisor did a number of test calls. And you know what? The end result of the test call on my mate’s first nite shift of the week, 20-5. That’s 20 calls ( all test calls) got into my mate’s line, while the other 5 went into his partner’s line that nite. Put yourself into my mate’s pity shoe. Imagine you’re answering all the goddamn calls on majority of the nite, while your partner is snoring at the other end. How’s that sound to you? Of course you will be pissing your head off by now.

Once M, *ok. Let’s call this lovely supervisor M, shall we?* obtained all the necessary data throughout the nite, she sent an email to those nerds in I.T. department for their analysis. The next nite, my mate sent me a copy of the email containing the reply from those nerds. Here’s the content of it:

Nice preliminary work and findings which make our job easier and faster to narrow the problem. I wish your other colleague has similar work ethic and practice like you whenever they report any issue to us.

All the routings condition were set to deliver call to CSE with minimum ready time. (Ready time = time when the agent is ready to receive call) This caused CSE that just answer a call receive the next call in queue almost immediately than the other CSE with the same skill which has longer ready time.

Solution:
I have modify the routing condition so it will deliver call to CSE with high (max) ready time or in other word call will be distributed to most idle CSE . With this condition, CSE who is idle longer will be the receiver for the next call in queue.


Ok. There’re 2 things to note in this reply from the nerd:

First paragraph: Nicely put by the nerd. Good opening, brilliant with a lil bit of sarcasm at the end. Wait! That means there were similar complaints being raised on the same goddamn fucking issue previously??!!! WTF?!?!

Second paragraph: It’s pretty much self-explanatory. That means all these while, we were answering calls like a mad dog, one call after another non-stop!!! Jesus Christ! How stupid can that be!?!?! This is the very first time in my call centre tenure that this kinda call routing system exist in such big company. I’m gutted to be honest with ‘ya.

Now that the problem is solved. There won’t be any more rant from me on the call routing system in my company, for now. ‘cos I don’t know if their system will screw up one fine day and every changes fall back to its original state. Finger cross.

I’m working nite shift now. So far so good. The supervisor *nop, not M tonite. It’s another supervisor* that worked with me tonite is very ‘good’. She did something no one has done before so far. She ‘took the initiative’ to turn off the lights in my department, allowing me and my midnite partners to work on our own, without getting ‘disturbed’. Owh hell yeah!!! I like this place, for once. *laughing like a mad dog*.

I’m gonna doze off in a short while. Sinoffire signing off now.

I promise you lots, there’ll be a new story that happened to one of my female friends recently. It’s a mind-disturbing story. So stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment