Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Worst Customer Service Ever?

Told y'all I'm gonna 'meet' you lots very soon rite?? Initially, i intended to write something else in here but after I left the office today, I decided to call up to one of the local financial institutions to check on the status of my renewal card that I yet to receive to date. But it wasn't a very pleasant experience for me. Hence I wrote them a goddamn long complain email in their website. I'ma copy/paste the content of the complaint herein my blog. This email virtually contains everything that I wanna say about the joker who picked up my call. Here goes:

I’m really dissapointed today when I called up to your customer service earlier. Here’s the incident.

I called up to your customer service today around 4:45pm to enquire about my renewal card that I yet to receive todate. As usual, after hearing & pressing all the buttons through the IVR, ie option 1, then option 1 again, then option 0 to speak with customer service executive. A male agent picked up my call. There was no proper call opening, which is an essential for any customer service centre. That’s fine, I was in a hurry, therefore I duly gave him my cardnumber to ask on the status of my renewal card.

Without notifying me at first, I was put on hold (I presumed that he was putting me on ‘mute’ status at first as there were a moment of dead air in the midst of it), listening to some advertisements from your bank, while he was doing some checking at the background. Few minutes later, he came back to me and informed me that my renewal card will reach my billing address within this week or latest by next week. Fair enough, just what I needed. I then further asked him on the reason why the delay as my card expiration date was back in Feb2009. Again I was put on hold without being notified at all. Another few more minutes passed by, the line got cut off just like that.

I never bother to call back because the ‘agent’ has got my cardnumber and he should be returning my call to advise me further on the enquiry that I was seeking. It’s close to 6pm now. There’s no sign of the ‘return call’ from that agent that entertained me.

Noticed what is missing here in my complaint?? Verification! Where on earth is the verification?! He didn’t even bother to ask any verification questions at all! I’m surprised that such mistake could happen to such major financial institution as your goodself. What if I’m a fraudster that is calling in at that point of time and request to change the billing address? Am I supposed to bare whatever cost later that incurred onto my credit card? I’m truly disappointed. I was going to ask a few more questions about my account, but I gave up on it. Don’t ask me about his name, ‘cos I didn’t have a chance to do so with him busy putting me on hold for every single question that I asked him.

As mentioned earlier, my renewal card was expired back in Feb2009. Shouldn’t it be that my new card arriving during the month of Feb09, before the existing card expired? There weren’t a lot of public holidays during the month of Feb2009, my mom is at home 24/7 to receive the card on my behalf. Will someone please enlighten me on the cause of delay?

I never call your customer service for few years already and this is the first time I decided to speak with your customer service. Guess what? It wasn’t a pleasant one.

I’d like an explanation on this. Please retrieve back the call that I made yesterday at the time given above, and what kind of action are you going to take to solve this matter.

There you go. The exact content of my complaint to the local financial institution. I'm expecting a reply from them, be it via email, or phone call. Will update in here once I gotten the reply from them, hopefully tomorrow.

Here's another incident that happened to my mate the other day. She called up for some fast food delivery service into her apartment as it was almost 10pm and we didn't have the intention to go out and hunting for food anymore. But, the outcome was really disappointing as well. Therefore, my mate sent an complain email to their customer service online. Here's the exact content of the complain:

I had made a telephone delivery on 07March2009 (Saturday) around 10pm to make an order. A lady operator had then requested my address details. Obviously, she doesn't know which part of my residential area is, and therefore assured me that she would called me back in 10 minutes. I never asked for her name as I assumed that she would called me back. However, 10 minutes had passed, and not a single call from her or anyone from your company. She should have the courtesy to call us. We have waited for over an hour for her call. I never bother to call again since it is your responsibility to call back your customer as promised. If this is the kind of treatment you have been giving your customers after all these years, I doubt that it will leave a good impression on your company. I, for one is truly disappointed.

And she received a reply via email from one of the agent the very next day, here goes:

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing with us your concern. I apologize for the inconvinience you have experienced; this is not typical of our company's and we take this issue very seriously. Unfortunately we are unable to investigate further on your concern as we lack your telephone number, and need further details for our investigation.

Please call us back on our direct line to enable us to assist you better.

OK. That's the end of the email reply. My mate then provided the agent her the exact phone number that she used to make phone calls for delivery on that day for their "checking" purposes. It's been more than 3 days now. Stil nothing from them. Bunch of suckers I'd say.

Customer Service at its best eh?? *sarcasm detected*

Don't worry lads, I'll update you lots on the outcome on both incident once gotten the reply from respective agents.

sinoffire, ranting off.

No comments:

Post a Comment