Sunday, March 22, 2009

Worst Customer Service - End / Bad Week

It wasn’t a pleasant week for me at all. Reason why?? Read on, mates.

First thing first. Remember my complaint on the renewal card that I yet to receive last time around? Well, in case you don’t, head over HERE for the initial complain, and HERE on the follow-ups.

Guess what. I received a call from their customer service on Monday morning, during office hour. Fair enough. They called me. But I was working and haven’t got a chance to breathe as well, let alone pick up the phone call. Hence, there were a couple of missed calls appeared on my mobile at the end of the day.

Around 6pm, my mobile rang again. She said that she was calling from the financial institution that I made a complaint to last week. Here’s the conversation between me and the caller:

M: myself
V: caller

V: I’m calling in to advise you on the complaint that you’ve made last week, sir. Are you free to talk right now?
M: Yeah, go ahead.
V: Actually, the renewal card is at our local postal office. The reason is because there were no one at home when our postal delivery reached your resident on 10 March, sir.

M: 10 March? You wait. *run to mom, asking if she went out on that day* Owh, rite. My mom went to dental on that day. Of all the days, that delivery guy gotta choose 10th. Gosh!
V: Owh, I see. If you are free, perhaps you may head over to the postal office and hand-collect the card, sir.
M: No. Please instruct them to redirect the card to my home address.
V: Yes, we can do so. But we have to wait for the delivery guy to return the card to us, then only we can re-send the card to your home address, sir.
M: What?! Can’t you call and ask them to redirect the card straight to my home address again just like that?
V: No, we can’t, sir.
M: Wha---***I’ve got the postal delivery centre’s office number, do you want it?*** Argh. This sucks. Now, I don’t care what you do. I want the card latest by Friday, ‘cos my family is gonna be away for a month starting next week and no one will be at home already.
V: In that case, I’ll suggest to destroy the card at postal office now, and I’ll re-issue another new card for you, which confirm will arrives at your doorstep by this Friday.
M: Rite, you do that. Just make sure the damn card arrives by this Friday.
V: OK, sir.

This call occurred on Monday. From the conversation itself, it clearly stated that the caller, the customer service will destroy the card that is in postal office, and she’ll be issuing a new card for me. Rite?

On Wednesday morning, while I was stil getting myself tucked into bed around 10am (yea, I was on vampire mode on Tuesday), my mom knocked on my door & said there’s a delivery guy in front of our house. Apparently, it’s my card. Finally. Seems like the girl stayed true to her words then. Without thinking much, I threw the envelope in front of my PC and sleep in peace.

Later when I got up, which is already noon time. I had a check on the envelope. I found a ‘RETURNED’ sign being stamped on the back of the envelope. What does this mean? This IS the one that was failed to deliver to me on 10th of March. This IS the card the girl promised to destroy and she’ll get me a new one. So, what now?! Am I suppose to destroy this card? Will my charge on the card got decline if I were to use it later? To be frank, I ain’t in a hurry to use this card as I got other ‘alternatives’. But this ‘RETURNED’ stamp on the back of the envelope really got me worried.

My old man wanted a pair of sport shoes for quite some time already. I’ve promised him I’ll drive him out, and get him one anytime this week. I wanted a pair of ‘leisure’ shoes as well. Therefore, I was thinking why not charge both onto this ‘new’ renewal card that I’m gonna receive anytime this week then? But like is said, the word “RETURNED’ really riled me up now. Should I wait til Friday, and see if there’s another card being delivery to my house? Should I call those jokers now to clear my clouds of doubts? Heck, feck it. I’ma call them now, and here’s what happen:

M: who else
S: call centre

M: I wanna know the status of my card.
S: *normal verification bullcrap* Do you want to activate your card now, sir?
M: Wait. I wanna check with you one matter. Is there another card being sent out in my account.
S: Nop, sir.
M: According to your record, there’s only ONE card that was being sent out, and that ONE card, is the one that I have in my possession now?
S: You’re absolutely correct, sir.
M: OK. Fine. Go ahead activate it then.
S: **some typing at the background** Rite sir, your card has been activated. You may use it anytime after this, sir.

Notice anything peculiar here? Am I not suppose to get another new card because of the failed delivery incident earlier? Doesn’t the previous customer service said that she’s gonna destroy the card that was in postal office, and reissue me a new one? What’s going on here?

The next day, shopping time with my old folks. All transactions went through smoothly using the aforementioned card. I don’t know what is wrong with their centre, seriously. I don’t even bother wanna get in touch with those retards unless really, REALLY necessary. Now that I’ve got my renewal card in one piece, I can have a piece of mind from this center for at least the next 5 years, til my current card expires.

This is just one part of the unpleasant week. On Friday, I was working noon shift after a change of shift earlier, I was supposed to work morning the very next day. But due to tiredness, and for the first time, the alarm clock in my room isn’t working, I arrived to work an hour late. There goes my records for this month then. Damnit.

Further add salt to injury, my favourite soccer team got thumped twice in a space of 2 weeks’ fixtures, and altogether 3 players got their asses sent off the pitch. Argh! And besides that, today, sunday, salary day. Also, it’s D day for all of us here to get their annual adjustments, arrears and all the other bonuses. Once I got into office and checked my payslip, apparently I’m the only one got left out on all these adjustments. Argh! There’re loads of stuff I wanna get my hands on!!!

Talk about bad week!

No comments:

Post a Comment