Wednesday, March 18, 2009

System - Part 2

Hi all, I’m back. It’s just pass 3am now and I’m stil wide awake. Why? Yea, I’m working midnite shift today. Just stuffed myself with a packet of the world renowned KFC. Now lying on the comfy chair in office, with my Ipod on, writing this piece of article on my blog.

Remember couple of months ago I wrote about the system that my company is currently using? Well, in case you don’t, you may head on the link over HERE to read all about it. Today, it’s about follow-ups on that ‘feedback’ of mine regarding the system problem that we’re still facing now. Yes, STILL.

On the first week of this month, I was working morning shift. Yea, I know I hate it. But I couldn’t change it due to some ‘unforeseen circumstances’. But in the midst of my job, the goddamn system gave me problem again. This incident further incensed me. Hence, I wrote an official email to my boss voicing out my discontent. Here’s the content of the email:

As per attached. The red underlined seems to be auto-activated on a daily basis to update it's virus definitions. Is this the main reason why everywhere I sit also will face a certain period of PC slowdown on a daily basis during morning time? I've checked afew of the phone extensions. Some desktops also have the similar schedule like mine. But to my surprise, some desktops don't have such antivirus updater appeared in their desktop today. In addition to that, based on the RAM available in our desktops, it's even slower when those antivirus programs start auto-downloading & installing into the already-slow-desktop that we have currently.

It's an uphill task for us to entertain customers who are always on the rush whilst our system couldn't cope up with it.

I ain't sure if this issue has been raised prior to my humble email but I just wanna share with you on this one.

There you go. Pretty much self-explanatory eh?? Need I elaborate further? Do lemme know should you need any clarification on the above email. About 2 hours later, my boss replied me with this:

Dear Me,

Thanks for highlighting. I have now copied all the supervisors & IT department on this matter. Anything that has got to do with tools preventing you from doing your work, should be escalated to supervisors first who will then advise which party to liaise with. As for Technical issues such as what you have brought up, it should be managed by our IT department.

Dear Supervisors,
Could you liaise with IT department on this matter?

Dear IT department,
Could you have a look at the PC that the agent is currently sitting and give me an update?

There you go. Talk about delegation eh??? Wise man, my boss is.

Another 3 hours passed by, I received an email *finally* from IT department. It reads:

FYI, recently our IT agent Mr.A is in the progress of changing the slow performance PC with the formatted PC which can give a faster response to the agents.

Will help the affected agent to change the slow PC once i got the formatted PC from Mr.A. Thanks.

Notice what is going on here? The red-colored part on the reply from those IT retard? In case you’ve no idea what is going on, allow the humble me to explain to you in lay-man term.

The red-colored part means, these lazy-ass IT staff is changing the desktops that we, the agents herein my department, are currently using with the ones that they’ve just cleaned up. Which in other words mean that it is old desktops change with old desktops, the difference here is one is being cleaned with, whilst one is old with lotsa rubbishes in it. Great! Old desktops change with old desktops, doesn’t make any difference, ain’t it? Is my current employer really that short of funds? Is this due to the current economy crisis that the whole world is facing, or is it just some plain excuse made up by those farkers above? God knows. But heck, I don’t give a damn. Long as I get a desktop with high performance specifications in it, I’m fine with it.

Ok. Time flies. It’s been 2 weeks now. No sign of those lazy-ass IT weirdos coming down to our department to ‘change’ those obsolete, low-performing desktops. Absolutely none. Therefore, I sent in another email to my boss to enquire about this, as a ‘gentle reminder’. But instead, he requested my immediate supervisor to follow-up with those IT nerds. Here here, delegation at the very top level aye!

Apart from that, heard some rumours *yea, rumours…don’t put so much hope on it* that the current contract with Dell will expire soon, and they will be changing the current desktops in our department into the latest, if not high-performance desktops available in the market now. As mentioned earlier, it’s just rumours. Ain’t sure how true, how soon, how long will it take for those retards to change it. Finger cross.

That’s all for now. Stay tune. More to come, soon. Very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment