Monday, January 12, 2009

System - Part 1

It's manic Monday again. Damn I hate it. But, for the sake of $$$$, what to do?? Stil gotta suck it up and do it rite?? Unless I hit jackpot, or the daughter of Dato' Lim Goh Tong loves me to death, then ok la. (Monday morning only, started dreaming already...Shows that how much I hate Mondays, damnit).

As usual, drag my lazy ass to work. Reached office, on system, start all the required applications, waiting for those bastards/bitches that have nothing better to do than calling whatever shit call centres that 1st pops-up into their puny brain. Lucky enough and since it's stil early, I was able to catch a 'short' nap while waiting for calls.

Starting to heard lotsa noise already and that's the sign of normal working hours people starts to swarm into the office, and it also means the time to wake up and get refresh ( or rather pretend to look like I'm fresh) already.

Then, 'war' started la. All those bitches/bastards started calling in, asking rubbish problems/enquiries that they can easily solve on their own if they have internet connection. I mean, what is the era now? It's FFS 21st century already and they stil don't know internet? I understand the 'more matured' generation's problem here but the younger generation should know it by now how to access those kinda information via online. (Don't dare to put 'that' word because I don't want the 'more matured' generation get offended. :-P)

Few calls down the road, everything seems to be fine. But about 45minutes later, when I was just about to enter certain information into the system to check on some stuff required by one of the caller, all of sudden, the system got freezed! The only thing that moves, is the godamn mouse pointer. Other than that, all freezed! So happen I was engaged, knowing this aint the 1st time I'm facing this, I told the customer:

M: Me la
C: Customer

M: Sorry to keep u waiting, sir. But apparently, there seems to be a little bit of system maintainence going on right now, which might delay your enquiries. I wouldn't want to hold u for too long, would it be possible if I were to give u a return call once I get hold of the information that u were looking for?

C: .............Hmmmm....How long is it gonna take? I need it ASAP, u know? (**everything also they all want it ASAP, but when making payment, those f***ers always leave it til the very LAST MINUTE! How ironic eh??**)

M: I'm not in the position to advise u on the exact time on the duration of this 'system maintainence'. But I assure u that I WILL call u at your mobile phone once it is resolved. Will that be possible?

C: **Reluctantly** OK lah, OK lah. Make sure you call me ASAP, u know?

M: Absolutely, sir!

**normal call closing bullshit**

Now, this is the part I hate most. I gotta make sure my phone system doesn't go off, or it'll affect my personal record. Then I gotta wait for god-knows how long for the system to come back to its' normal state. Am I opening too me many applications? Nope. It's all the required applications to do my job 'efficiently'. Am I opening 'unnecessary' applications eg. personal emails, rubbish websites, forums, celebrities' rumours, chatrooms, etc etc etc? 100% Nope. Then WHAT DA F*** IS GOING ON HERE!!?!?!?!?!?

Feedback to my immediate boss. And here's what he said:

M: me la
B: boss

M: Oi, boss. My system hang la. How?
B: Go buy new one!
M: &#$^@^&...............Oi, seriously la. How?
B: Can't do much shit (Yes, this is how we communicate among each other. Get used to it already). It's a waiting game.
M: Can reboot or not?
B: Cannot, your personal record will be affected.
M: Then how?
B: *His phone extension rings* Do whatever u wan, just don't reboot it.
M: *dumbfoundedly, nodding my head* Oh.

Then, seeing that I can't do much but wait, I normally will go for a quickie smoke break. (Then? whatchu expect me to do? Stare at the PC and pray to god for it to recover ASAP eh? Fat chance that'll happen.)

In my office, we're currently using winXP supplied by Dell. With standard computer specification as below:

Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz
256MB DDR Ram
80G HDD
unknown graphic card

To those who are having abit of computer specification knowledge, u might laugh your ass off by looking at the piece of information above. For those who aint good at this, lemme 'enlighten' u. General public started using the specifications above at least 3-4 years ago. And we're stil using the same specifications till todate. Cost-saving?? I don't know. As usual, go and ask those people that sits in those big-fat-ass-room.

With these kinda specification, how not to get system hang off and on? And this system-hang problem has been happen quite frequent recently. Those IT Dept said that they're in the midst of upgrading all PCs available in our department. Well, I heard that very same sentence since a year ago already. It's all just hot air. Just like our government, TONA.

T - Talk
O - Only
N - No
A - Action

This is just one part of the problem. I just found out something strange recently. Once I get myself into work, whilst waiting for calls to come in. Nothing happen. Everything goes very well, system runs as smooth as a baby skin, internet speed is as fast as u can imagine. But once the very 1st call got in, gosh, the system-hang problem struck again. It occurs almost everyday recently. When feedback to my boss, same old shit. It's either "Go buy new one!" or "Can't do much shit" or both in one sentence. Sometimes even ask me to go smoke break with him. Sigh,
when will this problem ever solved??

That's all for now. Stay tuned for more on "System".
(Yes, stil got ALOOOOOOT to rant about the system in my department.)

3 comments:

  1. Geez...Chill la...

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's time to change da PC... get intel i7 xtreme. wakakakaka...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dun think my company willing to fork out that much of $$$ on PC lor. economy no good mar.

    ReplyDelete