Friday, January 16, 2009

Night Shift

As we are all aware of, this is part of the job description should you opted to work in shift hours. Yes, it is my turn to work nite. And I've been doing so for last nite, and tonite will be the last, for this week. The beauty of nite shift, whereever, whichever company you're working in is that: Once your nite shifts are over for the week, you will be granted a 2-days off days. It's your well-deserved off days. It will be equivalent to those normal working hour working class' Saturdays & Sundays. Why is that so? In case you have not been following my blog, I've posted it over HERE previously already. Where were you all this while??

Nite shift. Nothing to do. Less calls. No walk-abouts from the people on top of the ladder management like they do during business hours. You can eat at your workplace without worrying those delicious/awful smells of the food surging through thin air in the office, annoying your colleague from other departments in the process. But then again, it doesn't mean that you have absolute nothing to do at all. For me, I stil gotta settle-off all incoming faxes from those b-tards/bitches. This, is quite good in my humble opinion. At least I don't have to listen to their complaints/moaning which is like thorn to my ears. After done with the faxes, what am I gonna do with those faxes? Throw it away? Shred it? Fat chance! Filing, mate. Filing. It's part of the workflow in a call centre, unless they're already practising paper-free working environment.

Now, paperworks' done. Filing's done. What else? It's only an hour pass midnight, guys. Don't tell me you're gonna read those manuals/guidelines throughout the whole goddamn nite when you're suppose to have it within your fingertips, mates. This is where the "entertainment" begins ( for me at least).

To those who owns a laptop, you might feel that you can only use it during your off days outside of office area, rite? WRONG!!

It all depends on your relationship with the people around you, especially with those in the same department as yours, you get to use your laptop during nite shifts as well!! (Of course, you gotta keep it down, as "down" as possible from other departments) I'll not go any further on what can/cannot do with your laptop in the office, instead, I'll let your imagination flies here. Imagine if your working in an IT company with all the LAN lines well connected, wireless signal are available to the max you can get. Hohohoho! It's "WAR" time! Baby!!!

If you happen to work with a small group of people, say around 8-10 people during the nite time, time will pass very fast, and I mean VERY fast. Just think, 8-10 people being assigned to work during nite shift, of course the anticipated/expected work will be a lot. Times flies real fast when you're busy. Therefore, it aint easy to work nite shift, at all eventhough it's fun at times.

Previously, I can stayed up whole nite til my shift ends and can have fun whilst at work. But lately, I can stay awake till 3am-4am top. Is this something to do with my body? Can I not withstand the nite shifts anymore? I might have to seriously do some in-depth thinking already.

EDIT: Just received a SMS from a dear friend. Asking me why didn't see me in messenger recently. Have I become 'cocky' and don't wanna sign-on to messenger? FFS!? How in the world does 'cockiness' gotta do with not signing-in into messenger?? Meh, abit busy with work, and house stuff lately. It's CNY coming already. Gotta do some preparations. Just lost 500 quids in the process for the preparation. It's CNY baby!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment