Monday, January 19, 2009

Don't Drive and Call

Hi guys, missed me? Nah, I don't think so. U might be asking where was I for the past 2 days rite? Lemme tell u this: I off day mah. Off day never go back office. Never go back office, where got things to write? Peaceful day, lying in my house doing nothing mar. Correct or not?

Now that today is Manic Monday, back to office, working morning shift today & tomorrow. For those who knows me, I really hate, HATE, HATE morning shift one. But ‘cos of $, what to do??? Suck it up then.

Today, I wanna talk about incoming calls in a call centre. I can’t help but noticed something recently: most of the calls were made while those callers are driving. Driving?? WHAT!?!?! I mean, of all the time in the world, why would you wanna make a call to a call center, asking on your accounts related matters when you’re freakin’ DRIVING?!?!

1st of all, you will not be able to concentrate on the road.

2nd of all, for sure you would NOT be able to remember your fucking account number ‘cos you’re either sitting it on your @$$, inside your wallet (for men) or the account number is inside your big, luxury bag (for women), which will take them ages to get the required account number out. Then, why bother calling in when you’re on the road????!!!! Here’s one of the conversation I’ve encountered today, fresh from oven, just for u!!!

M: me la
C: male caller

*usual call opening shit*

M: May I have your account number for me to proceed with your enquiries, sir?
C: **paused for awhile** What? Owh, my account number ya? I’m driving right now, can I give you my Identity Card (IC) number? U can check from that rite??
M: **Cursing: why da fuck u wanna call in, when you’re bloody driving?? Common sense la!!! mgch** Owh, Of course u may sir, go ahead. May I have your new IC number please??
C: **********
M: Tq very much for your IC number, sir. I’ve located your account number from our database already, sir. How can I assist you today?


And the normal account-checking conversation continues after that. The above conversation is where we are able to locate the account number using the new IC number. That’s lucky. But what if it turns out otherwise? Here’s another one that I, myself encountered today.

M: me la
C: female caller

*as usual*

M: May I have your account number for me to proceed with your enquiries, m’am?
C: **paused for awhile** What? Owh, my account number ya? Ok Ok. Just hold on for awhile, ya?
M: Most certainly.
C: ** long pause..then heard the sound of cars overtaking the caller, then the sound of caller ransacking her big bag, which contains loads of other rubbishes in a normal female bags…then some tinkling sound, perhaps those are the sound of all the keys that one can imagine in her bags** Owh, I’m so sorry that I couldn’t locate it now. I’m driving now actually. Would it help if I were to give you my IC number??
M: **Another one. Why bother to call us when you can’t even concentrate on your driving. Wanna get in an accident is it, bitch??** Sure of course u may m’am. Please do go ahead providing me with your new IC number.
C: ******
M: **After a long, thorough search, high & low in the system** My apologies, m’am. But apparently I couldn’t retrieve your account number in our database. Will you be able to provide me with some other personal info?
C: WHAT?!?!! **the usual cursing shit that u can imagine started, shouting, shrieking for not able to locate her account details. As if that’s my fucking fault** Never mind then, I’ll call back later when I can locate my account number. **Phone disconnected**

See?? How outrageous can they be? I ain’t pointing my finger onto anyone here but can someone please knock some common sense into these big, thick skulls of them. Instead of heeding the government advice of “Don’t drink and drive”, there’s a new phrase in town, created by the humble me, yours truly. That is: “DON’T DRIVE AND CALL”!!!!!

A few more instances here. A caller is driving, midway through the conversation, the line got interrupted. Reason being he/she might be going through a goddamn tunnel. Line got disconnected, OR his/her call is interrupted by an incoming call from another party that MUST be answered ie. Big boss, girlfriend/boyfriend/wife/husband.

Take me for instance. I do call up to call centres once awhile to check on really, REALLY important matters. Of course, I’ll call them when I’m driving. But before I call them, I’ll hold the goddamn plastics in front of me, and read out the account number to them once I get through. How difficult can that be? It really gets on my nerve whenever I receive these kinda calls.

Owh well, not that something real bad happens today. Just thought of relaying the message over. Be considerate to others, and u might get one in return, one fine day. And remember, DON’T DRIVE AND CALL.

This is a community service message, brought to u by sinoffire.

Until then, stay tune for more. I’ll give u an update on my long lost Japanese movie disc borrowed by that 40-year-old-virgin tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment