Saturday, January 31, 2009

My Friend, During CNY

What I’m about to write today, is something non-related to my work. Instead, it’s something related to my personal life. Heck, this is my blog, I can do whatever I want, rite?? Now, the stories go. I hope this article won’t be too long, hopefully.

It’s CNY(Chinese New Year) eve. Everyone is back to their hometowns, to their parents, eating reunion dinners, chi-chat with each others after dinners, asking each others on things that happen recently, or perhaps even throughout the years since those people were at outstation for a long period of time. Well, u all know the drill on these kinda things. So do I, a native kid, born & bred herein this big city, nowhere to go. Just sat my ass down in front of the tv set, enjoying the tv program panned out by the local cable tv station. Whilst enjoying the moment, my mobile phone rang. I recognized the sound that came out from my mobile phone is actually a message ring. Time is 9pm. The message reads:

“Bro, want go supper now?”

A simple, yet direct Q like that appeared on my mobile phone screen. I just finished my family reunion dinner about an hour ago, and now this? Checked on the sender. Owh, it’s him. No wonder. Let’s address him as "V" for now, shall we?

I didn’t bother to reply the message. I continued my tv session with my family members. After a bit of channel-surfing, nothing seems to interest me. Therefore I went back into my room and play with my unfinished RPG(Role-Playing-Game) titled “Fable: The Lost Chapters”. Then, when I was soooooo deep into the game, another message came through my mobile phone. Time is 9.15pm. it reads:

“Bro, come go supper now. I drive. How?”

Being interrupted halfway through the sexcited game is really disturbing. C’mon guys, today is CNY eve, everyone is suppose to be having their meal at home, rite?? What kinda family is he in? Doesn’t his mom ever cook during CNY eve?? Ok, it could be his mom is having a day off and not cooking, and they decided to have meal outside. But, why me? So, I replied him this:

“Nop, just had dinner only. Not going out tonite. Gotta prepare for prayers later midnite.”

There. I ended the ‘disturbance’ once and for all. Continue with my RPG game again, all the way, peaceful period of time til 1130pm when I gotta prepare for some prayers’ matters under request from my dearest mom.

Prayers done. It’s already close to 1am. Another message came through, checked the sender. It’s him again. FFS! Get a fucking life!!! It’s CNY EVE!!!!!! The message reads:

“Wanna go dim-sum now?”

I really give up this time around. I chose to ignore this message and watch my ongoing ‘24’ drama series & go to sleep after watched just 2 episodes of it.

Yes, this happen on CNY eve. U think this is the end of it? WRONG!!! There’s more to come! Read on, my mates.

1st day of CNY. Just finished lunch with family. As usual, lying on my sofa, tv channel surfing. A message came through. Time 1230pm. It reads:

“Lunch now. I’m driving. Come come.”

OMFG! It’s him, V again!!!!! Then, I re-check my mobile phone, there’s another message that got through in the morning, at 9.01am. with a short message that reads:

“Breakfast?”

WOAH!?!?!?! What da FARK is wrong with this guy? Doesn’t he have a life to live on? Doesn’t he have any other friends/relatives to entertain during this festive season?? Outta frustration, I replied with this:

“Nop, home cook. Ate already. U go ahead.”

And then within minutes, he replied:

“Ok, wanna go movies or have a drink later?”

WOAH!?!? It’s 1st day of CNY. FIRST FUCKING DAY OF CNY!!! Leave me alone!!!! I replied him this:

“Nop, going out with my parents later.”

In true reality, I was intending to go out, but not with him. I got a tea session with my other friends staying in other areas discussing on some football games that myself and few other friends are sooooooo into it currently. (Game title: “Football Manager 2009”). Now, that’s a white lie. I know it aint good to lie on 1st day on CNY, but I was forced to do it. Please forgive me, the ONE above.

Then another message came through. It’s V again. It reads:

“Wanna go dinner then? Say around 8pm?”

Won’t he ever stop? It’s CNY. For a traditional person like me, I’d prefer to stay at home, eat at home & enjoy everything at home. I don’t know about V, but I think he needs to widen his friends’ circle in this kinda circumstances.

Needless to say, I rejected him, by replying, sarcastically:

“It’s CNY. Home cook. Eat at home.”

So, I’m pretty much ‘escaped’ from his ‘claws’ for the whole afternoon then. Got on with my little football game discussion with my mates in the afternoon. Spent few hours in it. Then get home just in time for the dinner on the 1st day of CNY. Then my mobile rings again. It’s another message:

“Supper later? Wanna go?”

I'm tired of this already. I ignored the message and never replied to it. I was busy playing with my football manager game at home, whilst relaxingly listening to my mp3s.

The same old cycle got on for the next 2 days. So, it means V has been bugging me from CNY eve til the 3rd day of CNY non-stop for breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper. And each time also I said the same thing, that is:

‘Nop, home cook. It’s CNY.”

Now. Think this: it’s CNY. If I were to go out and have meals, it’s gonna cost quite a bit. Why should I go out and eat, when there’re lotsa food/drinks that I can stuff myself with at home, which is free?!? Rite?? Why don’t I save those money for the meals outside, and use it elsewhere? Furthermore, it’s CNY. Every family should be doing some home dishes, correct me if I’m wrong on this. If not, you can always visit your friends/relatives’ house and at the same time get some “Red Packets” in the process, while you also can eat your heart out as well. Rite?

4th day of CNY. I just woke up around 12noon. Mom aint cooking, ‘cos she aint at home. Saw V’s message says lunch now on my mobile.

“Let’s go eat outside now. I’ll pick u up 15mins later. No excuses.”

Erm, parents aint at home. Nothing to eat. It’s a go then? Yea. Rite. I finally succumbed to his ‘constant pressure’ since CNY eve til today. I’m finally ‘got beaten down’. There we go, he happily drove me out to the southern region of the states I’m living in just to have this lunch. Not that I’ve never been there before, but it’s been awhile since I last visited this area. So heck, why not.

Lunch over, he then asked me what’s my next plan/program. I told him that I won’t be at home for the rest of the day already. He then asked me this:

“Where u going? Going with who?”

Remember this phrase. This phrase is his most common-used-phrase whenever he answered any of our mates’ phone calls. The other one is this:

"Where are u? Who are u with now?"

It really gets on my nerves whenever he says these phrases. It has also become a joke among few of our own friends since we get to know each other since high school. Yes. Since High School. Til now, he' stil doing this. Old "habits" die hard eh?

What? Do I need to report to u wherever I go? Y’all might say: “He concerns about you.” Yea rite. But that is not a valid point to ask me that kinda Q as if I’m ur kid/prisoner/POW(Prisoner Of War). Even my parents don’t ask me like that so often.

Therefore, I told him that I’m going out with friends. Nothing more, nothing less. And he nodded. Same night, around 10pm, his message popped up on my mobile again, asking me wanna go supper with him. WTF MAN!?!?! I told him that I won’t be at home for the rest of the day already, what makes him think that I’ll go out supper with him at this time?!?! I was happily partying at my colleague’s house, knocking myself down with booze, and his message came through. Gosh. Again. A short reply from me, that reads:

“Drinking and gambling now. Not free.”

Short and simple. Though abit harsh. But heck, I’m trying to enjoy myself here, during this CNY season. Don’t I deserve that?!?!

I ended up drunk & puked & reached home around 4 in that morning.

5th day of CNY, which was yesterday. Again, his message popped up. Time at 11:46am, it reads:

“12pm, lunch with [name of other friend]. Want join?”

Gosh! I’m utter speechless. I didn’t reply to it.

Then my phone rings. I didn’t notice it ‘cos it was on silent mode. I forgotten to turn on the volume after a ‘wild’ nite. My bad. When I checked my mobile, he has already called my mobile thrice. 3 times!!!! For lunch?!?! C’mon. Get a fucking life already! I’ve had lunch at home, mommy’s home cook for lunch, and I’m stil suffering from the ‘event’ last nite, and he wants lunch?! No way. There I am. Lying on my back, the nice, comfy sofa in my living room, channel surfing again. NBTD (Nothing Better To Do). All of sudden, a knock on my door.

FOOK!!! It’s him?!?!? WTF?!?!? I was half naked, with only my short pants in the living room!!!! This is fucking scary. I really give up this time. I changed, I opened the door, only for me to welcome him & another 3 guests that came along with him. There we go. The rest of my day were spent, as his wish, with him and few other high school friends. Sigh.

I’m working today. So I’m able to get outta his ‘claws’ for the weekend. Phew!! What a ‘hectic’ & busy CNY that I have this year. Goddamnit! Not a single ‘dull moment’ I’d say.

There u go. A wee-bit of my CNY ‘adventure’ this year. Back to the shithole.

Happy Chinese New Year!

And

“Where u going? Going with who?”

"Where are u? Who are u with now?"

Hahahhaha...

Til next time, folks. Enjoy reading.

1 comment:

  1. Man....worst than a girl, huh? so 'sei chi lan da'........anyway, u should treasure a friend like him cos he is so 'into u'...

    ReplyDelete