Thursday, January 8, 2009

Why Shift Work?

Ever wonder how life would be if working in call centre? It depends. It really depends. The surroundings, the people in it, to the environment around the building, the decorations and lotsa other stuff that I can't think of rite now. It could be fun at times, it could a "view" to behold, it could sucks big time (this applies to long tenure employees). Like I said, it depends.

I'm currently working in a local financial institution's call centre, handling cards enquiries on a daily basis. Not to forget, working on shift. For my whole job-life since day 1 I got into the society, I've been living in this so-called 'shift-work' life. From normal 9-5 working hour, til 2 months of consecutive night shifts. So, I'm pretty much adapted to this kinda odd hours life. I don't know, I stil feel that I'm the shift-work kinda person. Normal working hours jobs seems erm...how should I put it.....boring?

Think of it this way:

Normal 9-5 working hours. U get up, get dressed up nicely, then onto the war-zone aka bloody jam on your way to work, cursing all the way in your private transport for the jam, and need to arrive in office before 9am. Ur good mood to start the day is just been put off by those retarded, selfish lone driver on the road, inclusive of yourself if you're driving alone. Reached office, shitload piles of works stacked on your desk, waiting for you to complete it by end of days. In the midst of it, phone calls, meetings, briefings, some bullshits from the boss, and your mood for the day gone down even further that u expected. Time for abit of cigarette/tea break to get outta all those shit for a wee bit. bla bla bla.. Then comes 5pm, time to pack to get your ass outta this shithole you're in. Yet again, another jam. Reached home after 1 1/2 hour of massive jam. Grab a decent dinner, relax, tv session and off to the bed.

During the weekend, had the intention of go shopping with your loved ones, catch a movie or hang around, but when u think of the parking, the jam INSIDE those shopping centre. Phew! U ought to think twice, again. After further nagging from ur other half, u dragged ur lazy ass and join the crowd. Now, done with the shopping. U proceed to the cashier to make payment. Great! Another long queue. What da f***?! How about that for peaceful weekend when you're suppose to have a nice, decent, uninterrupted rest at ur very home sweet home? And once the weekend's over, the same old shit routine cycle again. Bored routine stuff? I bet 'cha.

That's why I personally don't like normal working hours kinda job. Bored to the max. Not to mention those bloody traffic jam that happen on a daily basis from manic Monday til freaking Friday. It's just total madness. Could make you crazy, i tell you.

I aint having anything against normal office hours job but it's just not my cup of tea eversince I dipped myself into shift hours in my 1st job as an computer operator. Odd hours job, you get to beat the jam, that's for sure. U can go lunch/dinner when there's no one Q-ing, elbowing (especially those old bitches) with u just to get their hands on the dishes that the others like. When your shift finishes, it's either early before 5pm, or later after 5pm..Those stupid traffic jam would've been non-existant when u drive ur car out to the road. How nice eh? No cursing, no rushing. Peaceful trip to home sweet home. Your deserved off-days during the weekdays, the sweetest part of all. Traffic jam ? Not a chance! No parking space in shopping centre? Dream on bay-beh!!! Long Q at the cashier counter? U gotta be f***ing kidding me! I can roam around the whole city centre freely without worrying of crowds, jam, queues. Calls from customers to your direct line? No f***ing way! Even if u choose to stay at home, who'll disturb you from your rest? Sa-weeeeeet!

Now, stil wanna ask me why am I stil in this field??

No comments:

Post a Comment