Friday, January 30, 2009

Training

What do you do when there’re some new products come out, and you gotta know it 1st hand? Training, of course. What do you do to further improve your personal skills to better equip your own self for the tight competition be it internally among your beloved colleagues, or externally outside, in the future?? Training. Yes, today I’m gonna talk abit about the training in my company.

Now is already year 2009, we’re almost moving into the end of the first decade of 21st century. Everything is done via the internet, so as to our training program. It’s a Saturday, just right before the festive season looming. So, as expected, there weren’t any calls. At the same time, out of nowhere, I got into office having this sudden rush of doing some training program that my boss has already enrolled myself into. Last I checked, there’re more than 10 training programs waiting for me to complete. WHAT!?!!? MORE THAN 10?!?! Chill out guys, lemme explain to you in the later part of article.

So, there I go, all systems are up, good to go anytime now. Waiting for calls to come in, and at the same time, prepare myself & load up the training course’s application system. Browse through the total courses that I yet to complete. Seems like a lot, but it can be done. Some of the trainings will require us to answer a certain amount of Qs before the whole training module is consider completed. Yes, “COMPLETED”. This is the very key word that all of us in here are looking forward to see in the front page of the training application.

M: me ler
F: colleague

M: Oi, what u doing?
F: Doing the training la. Have to complete as much as possible before I go holiday.
M: How to do like that? It takes time to complete so many.
F: Very easy only.
M: How how how???
F: Like this. You see the ‘Next’/’Continue’ button here?
M: Yeap.
F: Keep on clicking those 2 only.
M: Huh? No need to read?
F: Oi, read what? As if you’ll read it.
M: I do read it la.
F: Then you stew-pid la.
M: Oi, no cursing please.
F: OkOk. Sorry dude.
M: But got test/assessments at the end of the training wan rite?
F: So?
M: How to pass the test if we don’t read it? Unless……..
F: I got the answer here with me. Which training module are you on now?? Lemme know when you need it.
M: Woah! Nice, baby. Now that’s what I call “teamwork”!!!!

There u go. Even with this little ‘skill’, it took me a bloody 4 hours plus to finish whatever training modules that were inside the application. Yes. Some of the modules will take u an hour to complete if you really read word-by-word. In one single training module, there’re shit loads of subsections, and inside these subsections, there’re broke down to even more subsections. And u expect me to read it word-by-word on some training modules that some of it not even relevant to what I’m doing?? Yea rite, fat hopes. As the old saying goes: “Work Smart, Not Work Hard”. Being a “Smart” person that I am, I heeded the advice of my colleagues and go on to complete all of it.

Remember: Work Smart, Not Work Hard. This is another community service, brought to you by non-other than sinoffire.

No comments:

Post a Comment