Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Working on Public/State Holiday

It’s been awhile, lads. Here I am, working on my favourite shift – noon shift. I was working morning shift for the past 2 days, and it really has taken a toll on me yesterday. As a result of it, I ended up slept as early as 8pm last nite, and woke up at 9am this morning. Talk about hibernation eh?? In the process, I’ve also broke my own record of sleeping hours which was 11hours last time around.

Now, why like that? Reason being I slept around 2am, which is 5 hours before I prepare myself to work. If I kept on like this for 2 consecutive days, it’ll happen. Yesh!

But then again, how? You might be asking. Here’s my itinerary on my 1st day of morning shift. ‘Twas a state holiday. Therefore, not much calls were expected to reach our call centre. As result, my mate and I were having a time of our life on that day. Here it is:


1) Login
2) Sleep for 4 hours
3) Got awaken to go out for lunch
4) Return from lunch, surf net, check emails, movies/dramas exchange/transfer among colleagues
5) Sleep for another 2 hours
6) Meeting with supervisor for individual performance related matter.
7) Time’s up, logout, go home.

There u go. So much for a state holiday work eh?

Due to the fact that the state holiday falls on weekend, therefore the next day, which is Monday is a replacement holiday for us here. And again, not much call is expected on this kinda day at our workplace, but the normal phone line is stil opened to customers for them to call in to check on their accounts. And again, the itinerary for my 2nd day of morning shift is as follows:


1) Login
2) Sleep for 2 hours
3) Answer few calls
4) Fall back to sleep
5) Got awaken for lunch
6) Return from lunch, surf net, clear emails.
7) Calls started to come in, to my surprise. *On a state holiday?!*
8) Sleep for 1 hour due to no call.
9) Quicky smoke break
10) Answer call for next 1 hour.
11) Logout

So, there you go. A call centre agent’s life on a public/state holiday. How nice can this be? Anyone wanna join???

No comments:

Post a Comment