Sunday, May 24, 2009

First Service

So, my new car has choked up to its very first 1000km of mileage, and it's about time for its very first service from the factory. Hence, I went to the nearest service centre near my house, which is about 10 minutes drive, on a very bright Saturday.

Reached there around 12 noon. Not much car in that service centre. Moved on to register myself in the reception area and duly wait for my turn for the service. When it's about my turn, I submitted all the necessary documents to the generous and helpful assistant to speed my new car's service. This is the itenarary for the service, which costs me about 150 in total:

1) Total Quartz 7000 SM 10w40 Silver
2) Oil Filter
3) Gasket A/T Oil Pan Drain plug
4) Windscreen Washer(60ml)
5) Sundry materials
6) Oil treatment B1 (350ml)
7) Car wash & vaccum for free

Lucky me that I'm eligible for the service voucher, which valued at 1000 bucks due to the promotion. Hence, I presented my service vouchers to her. In other words, I get this car service for free!! *but the price for the items listed above are still a tad bit high compare to the current market price.



The service vouchers

The office assistant told me that I can get my car after 2 hours. Fair enough, considering it was a Saturday. Therefore I went for lunch with my cousin, who is kind enough to stick with me throughout the full 2 hours. I informed the assistant to gimme a call once the car is ready for pickup. She said OK.

2 hours gone. No call yet. Hence, I returned to the service centre and have a look out on my car. My car is placed pretty in the car-wash division, but with no one attending to it. So, I went into the waiting area in the office and wait for it to finish. 30 minutes gone. They are doing the vaccum now.

15 minutes later, all set and done. My car is good to go. Nice and pretty! It's just 19 days after I got the car. It was fast to hit 1000KM of mileage eh??

No comments:

Post a Comment