Thursday, May 7, 2009

Something's Not Right

Been working on midnite shift couple of days back for 3 consecutive days. Somehow I noticed something is slowly changing in me.

Years back, I’m used to working nite shift, as some would call it ‘graveyard shifts’. It’s as easy as peanuts to work on nite shifts. There were one occasion where I’ve been working under the moon for 3 consecutive months. The only time I get to see sunlight is when I’m on my deserved off-days. Other than that, I’m virtually a batman in real life: Sleeping during daylight, working during moon light. Now, all these were “once upon a time, a long long time ago”, if you know what I mean.

Things were different nowadays. I’ll doze off in between 1-2am everytime I’m on nite shift, and that ‘doze-off’ with go all the way till my shift almost ends. Is this something to do with my body? My mind? Am I getting old and all my body system starts to degrade themselves? I don’t know. You tell me.

And just one more thing, at the point of this post, I only slept for less than 2 hours. I don’t know what happen. I don’t have insomnia problem or whatsoever. Does this means sleeping disorder? Should I go for a full med-check? Should I change job then?

1 comment: