Sunday, June 28, 2009

Absurdity of Customer - Part 5

I was working midnite, 3 nites on the trot couple of days back. Ain’t sure if it was ‘cos of my age, or is it my body system. It seems like I am no longer the one that can stayed up whole nite without taking a few minutes’ nap. On all 3 nites, I started sleeping at 3am, if not at 2am. And it was all the way till I’m ready to pack my stuff and go home-sweet-home. But something happened on one of these 3 nites that really pissed me off. Wanna know what happened?? Read on, mateys!

Everyone in my department who are working nite shift will get her call on a monthly basis, and she will call in after 12 midnite local time. Don’t ask me why she does that, but she will only call in after that time. It puzzles me as well.

We know about this crazy woman, named Mrs Dennis for quite some time already. Her husband and her reside in Dubai, which is 4 hours time difference after us here. So, even if she calls in about 5 in the morning local time, it’ll still be around 1am in Dubai.

Like I mentioned earlier, the incident happened on the second nite. I was sleeping (as usual..:-p). Outta nowhere, my phone extension rang. ‘twas that bitch, Mrs Dennis. DAMN!!! WHY ME?!?!? GODAMNIT! First thing she said was: “This is Mrs Dennis. Please call me back. My number is………….” Yea. She was calling all the way from Dubai. The phone bill must’ve cost a bomb if she were to continue talking over the phone with me. It’s a norm for her to do this, first thing after the line got through to us.

Great. Had a look at the clock on my desktop. ‘twas fucking 4:40 in the morning!! Fucking 4:40am!!!!!! WTF does this bitch wants??? Even that, ‘twas around 2am in Dubai already. Doesn’t this bitch sleep? Why can’t she call in couple of hours earlier?? Is she really that goddamn busy during daytime?? As far as I know, she doesn’t work at all. She’s a full-time housewife. But from what I heard. She goes clubbing once a while. Well, ain’t sure how true is that, I don’t give a damn. But for anyone to call in 4:40 in the freaking morning is really, erm...erm...I’m lost for words. Forget it.

Right. After couple of minutes, getting myself sober up a wee-bit. I duly returned her call, which happens to be her contact number in Dubai, ain’t too sure if it is a mobile or a house phone. Here’s the conversation between me and that bitch, for as far as I could remember.

M: me
D: that bitch

*call opening shit*

D: I wanna check my account balance. Can you tell me when is my cut-off date for this month?
M: It falls on the 26th of this month, m’am.

D: Hmm, seems like the previous agent gave me wrong information. He/she told me it was on the 25th last month.
M: *being defensive and protective over colleagues* Nope. They are correct. Our statement cut-off date varies on a monthly basis. Last month, your account’s cut-off date fell on 25th, but for this very month, it falls on 26th. So, they did give you the correct information, m’am.
D: Why is that? Why can’t they just synchronize everything like other financial institutions? Why?
M: M’am, it’s all auto-tabulated by the system, which is outta my control. But I appreciate your feedback on this matter and I’m sure that our management will do something about it very soon. Rest assured on that.
D: OK. Can you please tell what is the figure that I’m suppose to pay for this current month statement? Is the figure at ...........??
M: You are absolutely correct on that m’am.
D: Can you please tell me how much is my daughter, another supplementary cardholder’s spending for the next statement?
M: *still blur at this point of time, could barely open my both eyes* The total spending as of today is at ............
D: WHAT?!
M: Yes. The amount is at ......*whilst re-calculate again*

D: Are you sure?
M: *Re-calculation done. Wrong information given. I’m fucked* My apologies. The correct figure should be ....... My apologies again.
D: Just now you told me different amount, why is that? *Repeated thrice on this*
M: My apologies on that m’am. My mistake on that. The correct figure is .......
D: That’s why. I told my daughter that she should not spend anything more than two thousand bucks during her trip in Singapore.
M: ..........
D: Ok. Now, please tell me what is the total amount for my unbilled transaction, which is going to be appear in my next month statement?
M: It is at ............
D: Ok. Let’s see what I missed out. I think that’s basically about it, for now. I’ll call back next week on the internet access password. Right.


*call closing shit*

The whole conversation took about 10 minutes. Noticed where I kept all my answers short and simple and direct to what she wanted? This is to prevent her from further nagging and complaining and thus prolong the whole goddamn conversation till god knows when. I still wanna sleep!

Now. I wanna ask you all this: If you have the statement physically in your hand, with all the exact figures and cut-off date details right in front of your bright eyes, will you still bother to call up to the call centre and check on it at 1, or perhaps 2 in the fucking morning?

People makes mistakes. If a customer service agent already apologizes to you on the wrong information given, and later on gave you the accurate information, will you still keep biting his/her tail on the mistake that she/he made? In addition to the call that was made at 4:40 in the freaking morning??

I know I know. You might be bombarding me that it’s my job to stay awake and to anticipate all calls that will come in by any chance. You are right, only to a certain extent. For this bitch’s case, she calls in every once a month, to check/ask/enquire on the same issue time and again. Don’t you think it’s abit ermm, what’s the word, too much? Ridiculous? Absurd? And the time that she calls will be at least after 2am local time. WTF is that?!

Seriously. It pisses me off.

Owh well. It’s my job to endure this kinda “customer”. I hope that once she obtains her access to view the statement online a week later, she won’t be calling us at nite anymore. Peace of mind. Period.

There. Just a tad bit of rant for the week. Be back for more on the updates of the insurance “dispute” that I have with my friend.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment