Saturday, June 27, 2009

First..................

Let’s leave the insurance dispute behind. I’ll deal with the bugger on coming Tuesday as I’ll only be off duty on that day.

Anyways, something really good happen to me recently. Here’s the story.

One fine day, I was assisting this customer, who is currently staying in Denmark and he was having some tough time in getting his old card account closed off, and transfer all the remaining balance into his new card account. He said that he faxed the required documents to an officer couple of weeks back during our conversation took place but still nothing has been done since. Hence I was the one taking up all the shit that the previous fella omitted. After everything has been settled, he took down my email address for easier communication as it’s quite troublesome for him to contact us due to time difference. After the whole conversation ended, me and the customer started communicates via email. Here’s the exact content of my first email to him, named Mr P.

Dear Mr P,
I've just closed your previous card account permanently. Please go ahead and destroy the card should you haven't done so.

I've also raised a request to transfer the amount from your new card account into the old card account, which is the exact amount to settle off all the oustanding in your old card account. The late payment charge has been raised for waiver, awaiting approval from the officer-in-charge.

I've just spoken to the officer-in-charge of your auto-deduction for:
(a) Mobile phone monthly bill
(b) Internet Service Provider monthly bill
(c) Land-line monthly bill
(d) Cable TV monthly bill

She will get back to me tomorrow if the aforementioned transfer of auto-deductions have been transferred into your new card account are successfully done.

I will be monitoring your account from time-to-time on the aforementioned adjustments/requests and keep you posted on the updates.

Please note.

Thanks and Have A Nice Day!


There ‘ya go. My first email to him, explaining to him what I’ve done, what I’m going to do. 2 days later, gotten a reply from Mr P, and it reads:

Thank you very much for your mail, which has cheered me up greatly and I look forward to your confirmation that the auto-deductions have been carried out.

For the record, I spoke with an officer about this some 7-8 weeks ago, faxed him the required deductions and subsequently informed him by phone that my new card had arrived and that the old one would be destroyed immediately. I was never informed that the old balance would not automatically be transferred. Obviously nothing at all had been done about it.

I also mailed the previous officer about this on the 15th of June and asked him to forward the mail to the officer in charge, which was also not done, since I have heard nothing.

Based on the above I was ready to close my account with you upon my return in September after some 35 years as your card holder, however, your mail today made me reverse my decision.

Kind regards
Mr P.

There. His exact reply to my first email. Outta nowhere, my boss, (well, our boss has the access to all incoming/outgoing mail so as to prevent abuse of the email system.) He saw this reply from Mr P and he secretly put this email up at the notice board as a complimentary email from a customer.

Wait! A complimentary? Which part of it consider compliment from the customer? How come I didn’t realize it? After reading it again for the second & third time, only then I found out that there’re indeed some notions of compliment in that email sent in by Mr P to me.

There! My very first compliment from customer in black & white. Previously ‘twas all talk but no black & white. I DID IT! PA, MA, I DID IT!!!! I MADE YOU PROUD!!!!

Stay tuned for more updates! Soon, and I mean REAL SOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment