Sunday, May 30, 2010

Weekend....Day 7

It's weekend. Been out whole day Saturday. Had a blast on Friday night as well. Buncha best mates, drinking away. Anyways, just gotten a insider news. Just to share with y'all. Gosh, makes me feels like a paparazzi, and I don't get paid for all these!

Now, remember those days when you just stepped into a whole new working environment, first thing you gotta is, NOT GETTING YOUR EMAIL TOOL UP AND RUNNING ON YOUR BLOODY FUCKING FIRST DAY! Instead, it's getting yourself up for the training, get briefed on the products of the company, how does the systems work, what kinda stuff to be done et al. Well, y'all know the drill eh?

Due to time allocations, Motivator wasn't able to join the class as planned. [In case you have zero idea on who's this Motivator that I'm talking about here, please read my few posts. It's all there.]

Well, being a former supervisor of my own, I went to a class for training consist of all the aforementioned, duration for 2 months in one of my previous employment. There are tests on a daily basis. There are assignments on a daily basis, fucking made me feels like back in school days at this age. All tests' results will kept in records for future "references" purposes.

Right. Training time will be like heaven time for all newcomers. I can vouch for that for sure. You can ask all that you want, no question is stupid/useless during training. But has it ever come across your mind that every single topic that the trainer is delivering in the class, you will cut the trainer off and ask:

"This topic, does it have any relevancy to my day-to-day job function?"

Err, no. So close your book and get the fuck outta here then.

OF COURSE! Why would trainers waste their time, sitting their ass in the room, facing buncha stupid newcomers, teaching them stuff that are totally irrelevant to their daily job?! Logic, mates, logic.

You may be asking: What's the point here? What are you getting at?

Erm, that's exactly what the Motivator is doing in the classroom recently. One week into training, [finally] not to mention the punctuality. Fair enough, he would have meetings, conference calls to deal with. So, erm....yeah. And whenever he's in the room, he tends to be the one that knows-it-all. Could it be showing off? Could it be ego? Could it be something elsee?? I don't know. I'm absolutely clueless.

Remember the other newbie that claimed to be Motivator's friend's friend? Yeah, got to know that apparently the newbie thinks the Motivator seems to be an annoyance in the classroom.

Eh?!?!

Argument between friends? This is gonna be interesting.

Every training topic ends up with:

"This topic, does it have any relevancy to my day-to-day job function?"

FOR FUCKING HELL SAKE!

During simple test, there are 2 differences spotted here:

1) Motivator busy flipping his notes, looking for answers. Once found, he'll be like a pre-school kid jumping around, catching teacher's attention rushing to lash the answer out.

2) Newbie chucked his notes aside, got into deep-thinking-mode. Took his time, gotten the answer.



First time, I'm amazed!

Never in my career that someone can actually do THAT! This guy is starting to catch my attention already. Like I said numerous time before:" I'll let him prove me wrong", and he did just that.

As for Motivator. I'm speechless. It's almost a month now. He still has a lot to improve. At least in my eyes, that is.

Ahh well, it's weekend. Don't let such incident spoil my weekend. I'm off to my manager's farewell party in a karaoke session. I know I know. It's almost noon now. Who in the world would go to karaoke in high noon?

Well we do! So, I shall just sit back, relax and enjoy the rest of my day.

By the way, tomorrow is the day our department's new manager reporting to work. To replace my outgoing manager's position. Rumour has it that he's a young chap hailed from the 7th-largest country by geographical area, younger than me!!!

It's suck-up time for the other supervisors!!! Grab your seats ladies and gentlemen!

World Premiere is on!!! In my department!!!!!!! Exclusive!!


Ahhhh, time does flies when you don't even notice it. It's time for me to buck up already.

Patient, patient........ 2.0, 2.0 more........

No comments:

Post a Comment