Monday, May 31, 2010

Week 2, Day 1

How should I start this one for the day? Lemme think of something....[Deep thinking mode, initiated]

Ahhh, right. For those who are close to me, they all know that I'm actually linking this humble blog of mine to one of the world's famous social networking websites. Yea, you guessed that right. I ain't revealing it in here, so you shall keep the answer to yourself, eh?

But due to some personal reasons, I've decided to bring to a halt to that action. Please private-message me should you further clarifications on this matter.

Yea. The serious note has passed. I shall proceed with my daily dosage of ranting here. The new manager is in today. As rumored, he is indeed a young chap. Adventurous, outgoing, and he's good in leveraging all resources that are available around him. Seriously, he's good at that.

Right. New boss in town, first thing we do is of course the ice-breaking, get-to-know session and those kinda usual shit. Guess who's in it? Who else but our very own Motivator!!!!!! [Round of applause]

End of the session, new boss uttered a sentence that truly makes me feels like struck by lightning:

"I don't know much about this side of the business, but gimme some time, I'll learn it from you lots ASAP. That I promise you."

Hmm, I wonder how Motivator would feels upon hearing this.

Nah, who the fuck gives a damn how he feels? Why am I talking about here?! It's buck-up or get out. It's similar in everywhere. Talking bullshit won't get you anywhere, especially when you're in the field of call centre environment. Results matter. It makes it even harder when you know jack shit on how the process flow is, but you keep on pretending that you know all. How will you expect your subordinates to look-up to you when you're not even doing your homework??

Remember that the training class that Motivator is supposed to be attending? Yea, he skipped it today. Seriously, his leader rating in my book has dropped to all-time-low. It's either he goes, or I go.

In a call centre environment. there will be monthly session with your immediate supervisor or perhaps a special task team to monitor your daily calls to ensure the quality of the calls are strictly adhere to and to prevent our clients are happy at the end of the call no matter what. I'm sure you know what the hell am I blabbering about here. Eh?

The initial invite from Motivator to me was to do it last Friday before lunch time, or perhaps latest end-of-day. I've waited til end-of-day, but no news. Fair enough. He said gonna do it on Monday, which is today. He has scheduled it to be conducted with me at 2pm.

Morning he has been engaged in that useless butt-licking session with new boss. I understand that. Ain't his fault either. After lunch, he was supposed to get his ass into the training class to learn his trade. He didn't as he has a conference call at 2pm.

Oooooooooooooooooo K.

But my scheduled time with him is at 2pm too??!?!?! What now?!?! As an analyst, I have no ground to complain. He maybe really busy. Yeap.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
3pm. Still on the conference call.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
3:15pm, he came to me and ask:

M:"Are you going home early today?"

I: "Yea, of course. Provided the down-pour outside stops later."

M: "Can you wait?? 'cos the dateline for the session that I'm going to conduct with is today, as it is end-of-May already."

I: "Err, no 'cos I've other arrangement already."

[Arrangement my ass. I just don't wanna stay in office when all my work is done for the day. There will not be any $$$$ given to us. If we stay a minute longer, we stay on our own free will.]

And then proposed to him this :

"Boss, the dateline is today. All of us are coming very early tomorrow. We can still send everything to 'em tomorrow morning. It'll still be ok."

Is he nervous? Maybe 'cos of not getting the job done on time. When I took my leave off the office earlier. Apparently another workmate of mine is supposed to be on the similar session with Motivator as well, but just on a different hour. From this viewpoint here, Motivator seems to be in deep shit.

Not that I care though. But one thing I wanna point out is that, as a supervisor, one should have a clear sense of time management skill. Without it, you'll be in a fucking big mess. Just like what Motivator faced today.

"Why can't you accommodate to his request? You're one of his underlings afterall."

You're rite. I'm one of his underlings. But I ain't his secretary, personal assistant. He should have it all managed well before setting such timing for each session et al.

There are cases that he clearly know nuts about, but he doesn't wanna discuss with all of us. All he'll ever do to our counterpart is just apologize, apologize. Since when we're weaklings like this?!?!

Meh, fuckit. I don't give a flying fuck on him anymore. I can tell you this now:

I've given up hope on him already no matter how good his bullshitting skills are. That skill is not working in here. If you don't have the heart to do this, please-oh-please, do us favor...

FUCK

OFF!


Ahh, there. I said it.

[It feels goddamn good after removing the linkage from the social networking website. I can do this as free as a bird!]

Be back for more tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. The person sitting behind the cute girl at his job.July 15, 2010 at 11:58 PM

    I love the closure of this entry so much lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. TPSBTCGAHJ, which one?? the one in big bold red? lol...

    ReplyDelete