Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Week 2, Day 2

Been a headless-chicken day in office today. At least for myself, that is. Attending meeting after meeting. That took half of my day. Not that I'm complaining, 'cos one of it is the last meeting with our outgoing manager. Nothing sentimental, more like final "gathering" within the department before he takes off to oversea after this week. This session ended quite fast, faster than I expected it to be. Took about 20 odd minutes.

Back to my workplace, less than 20minutes later, another session beckons. This time is with our new manager, addressing our "concern", or whatever you wanna call it towards the dark clouds that are currently coating all over the department. Well, who else but the infamous Motivator?!

Seems to me, there are lotsa stuff about Motivator that I'm not aware of after attended the meeting with the new manager. Bitchin' time? You betcha!

In the room with new manager, together with the outgoing manager, few of us are in it. And the bitchin' session for few of us started.

"Motivator ain't handling escalation properly. Instead of him taking it, he asked the seniors to take it on his behalf."

"Motivator knows jack-shit about our process. It's been a month now and he's still like a newbie."

"Motivator is such a distraction in training."

"Motivator is an MBA, Master in Bullshitting Association. All talk, but no action. Just like our local government."

"Motivator showed no initiative in wanting to learn from us. He said he will, but he's nowhere to be seen few minutes after that sentence."

These are the feedbacks that were thrown in the room to our new manager. There are quite a few "agendas" that were being discussed in that room, but I can hardly remember as these are the few that really stamped deep into my puny brain. Yeah. We're not afraid to voice it out whenever something is not right.

Remember when I posted last time around saying that Motivator is hired by my outgoing manager? Yea. As expected, with us come out all gun-blazing, he's like shielding Motivator, pledged to us to give Motivator some time to prove us all wrong. With this, new manager has agreed to this:

He'll need our help of course, by drawing out a plan of stuff that Motivator needs to catch-up ie. system training, process training and other stuff that a supervisor is suppose to possess in an effort to lead our department. New manager will send that plan out to Motivator directly, disguising as he'll need Motivator to bring him upto speed with all job & process knowledge. New manager will not be in town for a month due to some complications in his work permit, which should be suffice for Motivator to equip himself with the department processes during his absence. Talk about cheeky plan eh?

With this "agreement" in place, suddenly I have a sense of sympathy for Motivator. It feels like there's a conspiracy behind that is against him. I might get fucked from few of 'em by revealing this one in here but, that's what I feel at time of this post.

I know, I know. I've been shooting him with all gun-blazing for the past week and I even uttered out that I don't like what he has done so far. But this one, this plan, it seems abit too much for me to swallow. I think I'm abit at fault in distancing myself from him et al. Well, it's just me, maybe. I'm having mixed feeling right now, to be frank. At one side, I fucking hate him, wish him just leave and fuck off. On the other side, I feel pity for him. Coming in to an entire new working environment, without any background of the job, with big shoes to fill in after 2 very capable leaders have moved on to new role.

Well, since both managers have vowed to get things straighten out within a month. I guess I'll just [again] sit back and see what will transpire after 1 month then. As per the new manager:

"Let's just see what will happen with this plan. If by the 3rd month, upon his confirmation month [yeap, our company always practice 3-months confirmation. Unless you've done yourself a great deal of shitty stuff, which might ends in relieving you off your post or get yourself an extension of the probation period to a further 3 months, until the management is satisfy], I shall see his accomplishment and decide what will the next step to be taken. Until then, please lend him your greatest assistance in helping him succeeding this role."

The man has spoken, and we shall fulfill that.

No comments:

Post a Comment