Wednesday, July 21, 2010

All-In-One

It’s been awhile since I post in here…I know I know..been awfully busy for the past week. Busy on what you might ask? Work, home, work, home… watch some tv dramas, playing couple of facebook games. That’s all.

Highlight of last week was of course my 1-on-1 session with who else but Motivator. Yea. It’s about him again. I wonder what my life could be if he were to ever leave us.

It was time for me to go into the room, with him, 1-on-1, solitary in a quiet room. He’s been bugging me for this session for quite some time already. One thing is because of his never-ending call quality “feedback N’ coaching” session with me, the other thing is to perhaps dig out some “information” from me on what’s going on in the department as he has heard few rumors flying here and there regarding him in particular.

Walked into the room, it’s the normal bullshit opening of:

“Good Morning, How are you?”

“How’s work?”

“Everything OK?”

And my answer to those hypocritical questions are:

“Morn”

“OK”

“It’s a’ight”

He went into the room 5 minutes earlier than me, ain’t too sure what the fuck is he doing in there, with his laptop [as usual] all up and running waiting for me. Just right before we started to hear the recorded calls and discuss about that, he turned around and ask me this again:

“Ok, before we start, is there anything you wanna talk to me about, anything. Work or non-work related.”

Right, this sonofagun is trying to ferret out who’s talking bad about him behind his back, who’s complaining, doing all the dramas on him. And he’s expecting to get that outta me? ME?! Fat hopes, with all due little respect that’s left in me for him, I told him:

“Erm, can we do that after the calls?”

And he duly obliged after I uttered those words, he concur with it and we proceed to the call listening. It was quite a pleasant conversation through the evaluation/discussion/whatever fuck you wanna put that session as ‘cos deep inside me, I don’t give a flying-fuck about this call quality at all. I never had, I never am, and I never will. So, criticize me for all you want as I’m from call centre background and all that but, as long as the customers’ concern are properly addressed upon, they will be happy, then I’m happy. Why do I need to do something extra to the extent of licking customer’s butt just to make ‘em happy? What if they’re wrong? Are you still gonna say that they’re right? C’mon, don’t be ridiculous. Customer is NOT always right. That’s what I’ve learnt ever since I’ve joined this current department. Customers could be the biggest fat-fuck liar in the whole world once you learn your trait in my department here. Trust me.

Right. Rants over, there were 4 calls to be listened and discussed. Time flies real fast without one noticing it. Couple of hours passes as I was having a “healthy” argument with him over some scoring part. When he said that he’s gonna send an email over to the evaluator on our argument, with his hand on the bloody keyboard, he asked me this:

“OK. Tell me what to write, tell me why do you think that you should be scoring higher than what you’re having now.”

For fucking bitches’ sake, we just had that “healthy” argument, didn’t you bloody listen to it? Where were you when I was talking, right in front your fuck face? I in turn told him:

“I don’t know, you’re sending the email off to the evaluator. I’ve just explained to you. I have forgotten what I said earlier. Perhaps you might wanna bring in a recorder next time. I don’t have a rewind button in me.”

There you go. 2 hours plus passes by, by just listening and arguing on that 4 fucking calls. Over and done with. Had a little break, he asked me for opinion on a case that involves a hefty sum of amount and it has to be finalized within next few days. The decision back then was to have our company absorb the loss. After much thorough checking from me, finally found out that the client is actually an industrial scammer-no-good-bastard, which is quite famous doing his dirty work throughout the market that we’re servicing. I told him that we shouldn’t be absorbing this but instead asked the owner of the shop to actually take this one up to the local authority. Our part is done since the day we took the money outta the shop owner. There. I saved his bloody ass from further bombarding. Thanking me, he said:

“Thanks again on that. ‘twas really fruitful. What would I do without you in this department?”

This sentence sounds very familiar. Because these exact same words were said to the trainer on few separate occasions! Does he think it will work on me? Fat chance!

The rest of the hour was basically discussion on my half-yearly evaluation form. He abruptly changed this and that, and have it his own way. Unwilling to argue any further, I just let him do whatever the fuck that he wants to it, because I’ve got a copy of the original form in my house, and in my office desktop.

There. Total time elapsed:

3 HOURS

Towards the end of the session, again he asked me:

“Is there anything else you wanna talk to me about, anything. Work or non-work related.”

I told him, coldly (In fact, ‘twas freezing cold in the room, I was having my jacket on but I was still shivering.):

“No. Nothing.”

He persisted:

“Owh, c’mon. You sure have heard something. Your relationship among the workmates are so excellent. You can talk and joke with everyone in this floor. Sure you’ve something to say to me.”

I was famished and freezing cold by now. I said:

“Hey, if there’s nothing to talk about, what the hell am I supposed to tell you about? I would’ve told you upfront if there’s something I know.”

Hearing this, he then switched the topic and asked about his own development in this company:

“What do you think of my progress so far?”

I said:

“I’m seeing improvement, slowly, but gradually. But you might need to speed that one up abit.”

I wanted to add “because time is not on your side anymore.” But if I were to say that, I’ll be hinting him that I know something that I shouldn’t be knowing, which will in turn put me into deep shit. I chose to zip my bloody big mouth instead.

He nodded, and that was it. History has been made, monument has been erected, record has been broken. My first 3-hours 1-on-1 session with my immediate supervisor. Try and beat that!

Off I go with my workmate for a fast-food-feast of KFC right after that. That KFC meal actually lasted me till next day’s breakfast time at 8am.

If memory serves me right, the above session was on Thursday. I spilled it all out to an autonomous party within the department on the very next day.

This autonomous party is in charge of conducting feedback sessions whenever there’s unrest among the department/company. Records will be noted down, compiled and be sent off to the chairman of the party, who will then send off the report to all the leaders so that this matter can be addressed to. According to them, traditionally, not a single name will be mentioned. Well, to be frank, the engagement of this autonomous party into our department is really the last resort after all failed us.

Friday beckons. I was the last of the lots to go into the bitchin’ session. Time was 2 in the noon, the session closed at 330, which is just the right time for me to get the fuck outta office and grab a weekend drink a usual.

In the session, all hell broke loose. From Motivator, to his new “recruit” who has been acting like nothing but a retard for as long as he’s here. I’m still at a complete loss why the fuck that Motivator added a comment of: “He’s a fast learner” onto this new recruit. It would’ve been best if Motivator just shut the fuck up and say nothing, absolutely nothing at all on this new recruit, which he claimed that he doesn’t know him personally at all. Ironic isn’t it? In case, you’re absolutely clueless on what the fuck am I talking about here, please read back my previous posts. It’s all there.

Ok. I’ve gone a slight bit off topic here. Let’s see what “transpired” in that bitchin’ session shall we?? Allow me some time to reminisce that feeling….Ahh, got it…

Motivator sucks.

New recruit is a slow learner.

Motivator is clueless on the reason he’s into this company.

New recruit is retarded.

Former manager’s vision of spotting “perfect candidate” to take over the team, which has few suitable internal candidates is absolutely trash. He has no vision whatsoever at all. Let go few suitable internal candidates, just to hire someone that he knows from previous employment, which turns out to be a total failure. In short, former manager sucks.

Motivator sucks all.

New recruit is a dead man walking.

Motivator is a dead man walking.

Former manager left a big shit hole in the department, the new manager has come in to cover that big pile of shit hole left by former manager.

There. Quite a few points there, enough for me to talk it through that 1.5 hours. Ain’t too sure what’ll happen with those comments of mine. But at least I voiced it all out, take it or leave it. Your call.

New manager is in the house on Monday, which was 2 days ago. 1st day arrival, wasn’t that free to chat around, meetings, briefings et al. Yesterday, he pulled me out for a cigarette break towards the end of my day and asked me what’s up with work/department so far. I told him boldly that the both work and department are alright. The problem lies with the Motivator himself. I ain’t going into details here now ‘cos I think fellow readers would’ve read enough of Motivator’s antics thus far. It’s just round-up story that I told my new manager about. Hearing that 5 minutes of my short “speech”, (yea, I wrapped it all up in 5 minutes. Talk about summary at it’s best eh?), the new manager said:

“Don’t you worry about him. Let me handle him. You don’t let those stuff de-motivate you, continue doing what you’re doing.”

Now, that was some assuring speech from him.

I’m entering a conference call tomorrow with Motivator along with another management staff. I ain’t too sure why am I being dragged into it. Could it be that Motivator wants me to cover things up for him, and let me be the “bad guy” in the call by doing all the complaints?? I shall update you lots tomorrow nite. You can count on that!

Phew! That was long! Sorry for not putting coloring and formatting on this post. It’s close to dozing time for me now. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment