Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Another Day......

My mom finally comes back from my aunt's memorial today. Together with her there are lotsa stuff she "obtained" from her hometown. Yeah, "obtained". You know the drill, oh my wise ones..

By the way, may you rest in peace, Aunt. *chanting..........*

Anyways, my last post said that I took a day off to finish up some mid-year report. Well, I didn't took the WHOLE day to finish the report off. I'ma human. I need food. I need pork especially. I will go berserk if there's no pork, or meat in a day. It's my source of "inspiration", it's my source of energy to pour my heart, body and soul to the company on my day-to-day job functions. I took off to join a cutie's farewell lunch, which was pre-arranged about 1 week ago. Can't miss this one, or I'll be having a torrid time in the office for god-knows how long. It's my day off, so I can have all the time in the world to do my own stuff, let alone my lunch.

Yeap. Off I go to downtown, into one of the famous shopping centre, into one of the famous western restaurant around, sat my ass down. Right. Just in time for the "kick-off". As usual during a farewell function, nothing much, just blabbering about the good ol' days, the funny stuff, the sad stuff, you know the drill.

While waiting for the food to arrive, it takes abit of the time because there were 12 of us attending the farewell lunch. Had a look at my mobile, not surprisingly, this one pops up:

"Hi, we have not completed the scoring for yourself... hmmm..How?"

Had another look at the time this thing is in: 9:30 in the morning. I was awake. Yeap. He did call me earlier. Yeap. But I chose not to answer Motivator's call. 'twas my fucking day off, and he approved it, so what now?? Am I supposed to go back and do it? NO FUCKING WAY!!
Couple of missed calls from the office follow suit during luncheon. Damnit! Leaving no choice, I picked up the call and settle it.

Explained to him the whole situation, the "alternatives" in the scoring part. Then, he asked another work related matter which I handled, dealt and over with a month ago. Since I'm on the phone, I explained to him what to do, what kinda data that needs to be submitted to the management and get this issue off our back once and for all. A good 10 minutes of my sweet lunch passed. Ahh well, at least I can have a peace of mind and enjoy my sweet lunch with the gang.

That's on last week, if my memory serves me right. Age has been catching up on me real fast recently I realised.

Today, another normal day. Motivator was in the room for almost first half of the day. Ain't sure what is he doing in there. My deserved lunch time was at 11 morning. Being a good employee-of-the-month-contender as I am, I duly went out and scavenge whatever food that is around our office perimeter. Return to my cubicle about 45 minutes later, I saw my internal messaging tool blinking with "new message" appearing. Saw his name, and the time-stamp on the message was at 11:25 in the morning, which is my lunch time. The message reads:

"I'm in a conference call with the call quality team right now and I need you to join the call."

Errr, 11:25 in the morning?! During my deserved lunch break??




When I saw this message, 'twas almost 11:50 in the morning. I duly replied him with:

"I'm sorry I can't join the call, my lunch break is from 11am-12noon and I'm still on lunch break now."

And he replied me with:

"It's OK. I got this."

Seriously, again.....



Next week, my big boss will touch down in our office. I do not what will happen. Because outta 4 people that has a hand in getting me return to this current company, 3 of 'em have left for better work place, and all these worked in same division that I am currently in right now. Suddenly I feel like.......you know that kinda feeling when someone wanted you into something, but once you got in, everyone seems to be leaving gradually. Feel left out? Nah, not close. It's just that kinda words-can't-describe kinda stuff. Ahh well, I chose this path. I'll face it.

Til then, be back for more.

2 comments:

  1. The person sitting behind the cute girl at his job.July 15, 2010 at 11:08 PM

    HAHAHAHAH oh geezz... i remember the day you told him off... that was quite erm... entertaining... getting you to join a conference meeting on your lunch break... rofl. he really should know his stuffs before he goes into any shitty meetings and stop wasting our time to help him on his "managerial" job function.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...thks for leaving your comment TPSBTCGAHJ, thks for visting this blog too!

    ReplyDelete