Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday...The Day After...

Today marks the first day of life after my mate left this company and moved on to another field, to a greener pasture. Yea, "a greener pasture" as he always quoted. Ahh well, at least he can find his happiness over at this new company that he has opted for, after almost 10 years in current employer. Perhaps it's time to move on to a higher role, with higher pay etc etc...Well, you know the drill.

Got a few things to share with you fellow readers tonite. Let's make this one quick, I've got dramas to catch later on.This one happened on last Thursday. Yea. I stil remember it clearly. I was about to go out for my lunch break, so happened that I gotta go down a level to visit a friend and join her for lunch break. She is working in a similar job description as mine, but slightly different role than me. Yea. in terms of the market we serve. Came across her workmates' cubicles, overheard a conversation. Had a chat with the people there, seems like the call has been ongoing for quite some time already, for at least 20 minutes. Wanna know the what's up with this? I know your are. Here goes.

C: Caller bitch
M: My workmate's unlucky colleague

C: Can I speak to [name of director here] please?
M: [Knowing the director is on leave because of the World Cup 2010] I'm sorry but he's not available today.
C: There's this letter that I've received today but I'm not too sure what it is about, I want to talk to him about it.
M: I'm sorry m'am, but perhaps I can assist you with that enquiries. Would you mind tell m..... *got cut off*
C: Look, don't you understand a single word that's coming outta my mouth? I said I WANNA TALK TO [name of director here] NOW!!
M: I'm sorry m'am, but he's not in today. Perhaps I can....*got cut off again*
C: Do you have his mobile?? Can you call his mobile now and tell him that I need to speak to him regarding this letter now.
M: I'm afraid no but I can put you through to my immediate supervi......*got cut off again*
C: Look, I do not want to speak with any supervisor, or manager or whatever. I just wanna speak to the signer of this letter that I have in my hand now!
M: .......
C: *Silent for almost 5 minutes, stuff-scrambling sound at background*
M: Hello, m'am...you there??
C: *Silent for another few minutes, stuff-scrambling sound at background*
M: Hello, are you still there??
C: ...........


The call was at this state throughout the 10 minutes that I was waiting for my workmate to go lunch. Ain't too sure what happen to that bitch that insisted talking to our director though, considering she's just a small time bitch working for someone in that company. Talk about bitchiness!!!

That's just one. Went for my mate's farewell dinner on last Friday. Again, it's just those mixed feelings that surge through my heart/head/veins at times when a close friend just leave me one-by-one. Meh, been telling this feeling in my previous post. Please refer to my previous post then. Hah!

Friday was rather busy, with 2 outta 5 of my workmates took their day off. Motivator never cease to "amaze" me with his "ridicule" antics. Like I told you all, 2 outta 5 is on day off, it means 3 of us are working. When working in a call centre-ish kinda environment, of course there will be times when the calls are swarming and waiting on the queue. It's expected. Now, I would like to ask one thing here:

Who has the authority to approve the day off then? Motivator himself. Knowing 1 has been approved couple of weeks back, he went ahead and approve another one. What was in his mind? Did he not check??

Hence came messages-after-messages of "reminder", telling us there are calls waiting for us. C'mon, you know we're down by 2 headcounts, and here you are, sitting at your place, with your big fat ass, sending out meaningless messages like these?? It really gets on my nerve sometimes when he does this.

Weekend loomed, did nothing but lying a home. Right. 'twas fucking weekend. I planned to go back office and do some stuff but the evil side of me just sorta "prevented" me from going.

The whole world has been crazy about World Cup for the past month. It all ended last nite. In case you don't know who's the winner, lemme tell you this:



And today, marks another day of retardness by none other than you-know-who. There's this case that my mate and I have been dealing with since last year. When Motivator got in, this case was somehow came to his knowledge and he said that he wanna deal with this as well.

Fair enough. Giving him a benefit of doubt, my mate did brief him from head-to-toe on the case, hoping him can take it over from there and fight on our behalf to somehow do some justice onto this case which had a really ridiculous outcome.

HOPE. That's really a big ask from Motivator. I'm speechless. Been through few discussions with other people from other divisions, people from different levels, but today when he gotten the reply from those people, he in turn forwarded the email to my mate and I asking us:

What are your thoughts on this?

Seriously, ladies and gentlemen:


Again...I am utterly speechless. I'm really...........



Tomorrow is another day. I'm off to bed now. Hope for a peaceful day tomorrow. Day of reckoning is near.

No comments:

Post a Comment