Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Thursday

As promised, here I am, posting in front of my comfy home desktop, with Ipod plugged into my ears, free from all disturbance. Of course to give you an update on something that I promised in my last post.

As mentioned last night, I was summoned into the room for a conference call with the people high up there. I know it’ll be beneficial for me in introducing/establishing myself to the aforementioned group of people, but then again, talk is cheap. I don’t wanna be a person that goes into a conference like a used tool just to explain stuff to the management, and my immediate leader will take all the credits. Preferably, I’d like to talk face-to-face to the management, let ‘em recognize my face, what I’ve said et al. That’ll be some impact I’d say. Call me whatever you want but I ain’t doing this for his sake.

Maybe god hear my pleas last whole nite, I was engaged in an ad-hoc task this morning when I sat my ass down on my cubicle:

“I need this lists of report urgently, I’m meeting the client 3 hours later, send it to me ASAP.”

That’s the word from the manager who asked me to compile the report this morning.

I start work at 630 (Right. I gotta admit, nobody’s perfect. I was late.) The conference call is at 8, the above big boss wanted the report ASAP. She’s meeting the client in 3 hour’s time. Which one should I be prioritizing? Motivator? Big boss? Read on.....

Motivator came in, usual greeting bullshit, which I’m getting sick N’ tired of when you do it on a daily basis. He came to me, asking me to join the conference, sounds like a gentle reminder. I in turn asked him:

“You should be familiar with all the cases’ narratives in the report by now, are you not?”

He gave me a firm yes. Then, I explained to him that I’ve gotta rush the report to the big boss and I’m afraid I might need to miss out on this one again. “Again?!”, you might be wondering. Please bear in mind that I missed the last one out ‘cos I had a throat viral-infection. Yeah. Sounds about right.

I was taken aback with his reaction after what I’ve said. He said that it’s alright, and he can manage it himself.

Now, here’s the thing. He asked me into the conference, I just told him that I might need to sit this one out, again. But now he said that he’s able to manage it by his own? Something is not right here. A tad-bit fishy, ain’t it?? I’ll let you imagination runs wild there.

Ahh, fuck that. I rushed off the report to the Big Boss and that’s all I was doing til the report was done. ‘twas such a big relief right after the report was done & dusted. Had quite a long lunch break today. Yea. Got a short-message on my mobile from my workmate that says:

“Our new manager wants to talk to us at 1 later.”

Didn’t see this one comin’ today. But sooner or later, new manager is gonna do it anyway. In short, the session was similar like the autonomous party held last week. The difference is the person who’s sitting in front of us when we bitchin’ N’ rantin’.

Let’s be frank, no one dare to bitch/rant anything in front of your new manager. If ones dare, I’ma kneel in front of that person and pray. The session chaired by our new manager was a peaceful, non-explosive, and was quite a fruitful session. For me, it makes no difference. It’s just the way how we play around with the words, depending on who will be the target audience. You should know the drill.

Meh. End of. That’s all. After the session, immediate result is visible from Motivator. He came to me saying that he’s coming to me tomorrow and spend couple of hours in an effort to speed up his learning curve. Yea. Been there, done that. Hope this time is for real.

There. Nothing much to rant today. And I didn’t use the eff word excessively in this post today. I never ceased to amaze myself at times. I know. I’m the best! (Laugh like mad cow)

Hope for a peaceful tomorrow.

Peace yo!

No comments:

Post a Comment